Another Penn Joins The Family

Started by Maxed Out, March 11, 2016, 07:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Ted, you always seem to up my amazement up a notch.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mo65

Recently I was rummaging my parts stash for a 113 Senator bridge for Joe.(Decker) I didn't have that item, so I dug into the side plates looking for a 111 Senator head plate. No dice there either, but I did find the sweet Delmar 285 head plate pictured below.
   I though to myself that the chipped off section where the gear sleeve exits the plate didn't really look so bad. What could it hurt? Water gets in there any way. Why not just smooth it with a Dremel and rock and roll!
   I gathered all the guts and assembled that plate...and started thinking...I had uncovered a super clean 112 Senator spool earlier...I could build a Super Delmar like the one Ted started this thread with. What better to do with that colorful plate, since it had been given to me by Ted in the first place!
   I added some 112 posts, a 200 stand, and a classic Penn power handle. The tail plate is interesting...I'm not sure which model it actually came from. Many early reels used that plate. It's nearly twice as thick as a stock Delmar plate. This reel would be strong if anyone actually fished it. It has enough line capacity for deep drop fishing.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

mo65

This first pic shows a stock Delmar 285 beside the Super Delmar. Just because I'm stuck in a quarantine doesn't mean I can't Frankenreel! ;D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Maxed Out

Lol, what the heck, water gets in there anyways..... Maybe if you gave it a full dunking.

Hey Mo, nicely done......a plastic lb65 spool would go nicely in that delmar too. It's a good time to rummage thru your parts boxes. I'm guessing you got more coming
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Caranx

Very nice!!! 👍🏼👍🏼
And having fun while you're at it!