Shimano TR200G Carbontex Drag Washers and Bail Question

Started by TheOtherOne, March 22, 2016, 01:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOtherOne

So I bought some upgraded Carbontex drag washers for my Shimano TR200G.

Where do those washers go in the stack and what washers do they replace?

Also, I took the bail arm off and I seem to have trouble setting the bail up properly. How does it go back?

Thank you!

UPDATE: I was able to figure out the eccentric spring and bail arm. What I did with the washers was: replaced the washer under the main gear with the smaller washer, then replaced the first white/yellow washer with the washer with the larger hole (however, the original washer was keyed? Why isn't this one?) and then replaced the other yellow/white washer and the blue washer with the two regular sized washers. And for the four smaller metal washer on top, is there an order? My only concern with the drag is at first try now it seems it's either locked tight or not at all.

Also, putting the handle back on now (a new handle) there seems to be quite a gap between the handle and the star drag. It gives the drag a lot of free movement once it's completely loose. Hadn't noticed this before. Any idea why this could be?

alantani

i just realized that in never did a triton 100g/200g tutorial. gotta fix that later.  for now, use this one.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=17.0.  don't worry about the gap, you have the drag washers in the correct order and the bellevilles are "()()".  easy!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

TheOtherOne

Quote from: alantani on March 22, 2016, 03:34:31 AM
i just realized that in never did a triton 100g/200g tutorial. gotta fix that later.  for now, use this one.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=17.0.  don't worry about the gap, you have the drag washers in the correct order and the bellevilles are "()()".  easy!

Thank you Alan! Glad to hear the washers are in the correct order. Any idea why the first washer in the drive gear was originally keyed and the new one isn't? Only thing throwing me off now  ???

alantani

it's just shimano.  don't worry about it.  some engineer somewhere decided to get fancy. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

TheOtherOne

Quote from: alantani on March 22, 2016, 05:04:09 AM
it's just shimano.  don't worry about it.  some engineer somewhere decided to get fancy. 

Huh, weird. Well, thanks Alan!