March 26th Stripers out of Verona Marina

Started by swill88, March 25, 2016, 06:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swill88

Friends and I had planned to go striped bass fishing yesterday in the Delta but with the heavy rains earlier in the month it's mud & debris probably for another week.

We went to the Feather River just north of the confluence with the Sacramento River. Perfect weather with no wind. About 1.5' of clarity.

The three of us caught a dozen or so shakers each and two or three small barely keepers each. All released. We jigged with 2oz lead bodied spoons with a single assist hook. Slow trolled swimbaits without success.

Watched a bald eagle fish. I want to get a telephoto lens camera.

It was a great day fishing.

Steve

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

STRIPER LOU

Very nice! There's a bunch of shorties in the Ct River now and some bigger fish in the Housatonic. Wont be long before the momma's show up. Great work by the way!
Regards,  ..  Lou

Reel 224

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on March 25, 2016, 06:55:10 PM
Very nice! There's a bunch of shorties in the Ct River now and some bigger fish in the Housatonic. Wont be long before the momma's show up. Great work by the way!
Regards,  ..  Lou

Lou: I'm ready this year for the big mamas, Ruth is too  ;D ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

swill88

The fish had been looking bony and skinny this winter. All the new water has done them great. Bright, solid and healthy.

Forgot to mention, just about every fish we caught gave us a milting!

Bill B

Cool beans.....water is still dark here below the I Street Bridge......but getting clearer by the day......level is down almost 18' from the peak two weeks ago.....we are looking at opening the lower camp ground at Sherwood Harbor maybe next week....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!