Abacos

Started by anglingarchitect, March 30, 2016, 04:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglingarchitect

Just got back from a week in the Abaccos, had two boats one was a floating hotel 65' Hattares, the 31 Contender we used every day to cruse around in the Sea of Abaco. Really windy all week so only made it outside the reef one day for an hour or so before the girls got queazy in the 6 plus foot seas. Did a little trolling but no hits.

We did catch some small mangos, a bunch of grunts, small groupers, cuda's and hooked a big hound fish that made one long run before coming unhooked. Ate like kings and had a great time with Elia, my girlfriend her Sister Tiziana, John her BF, and a niece and her girlfriend.

beach @ little harbor on a day trip from Abacco beach resort.

coastal_dan

Looks amazing!  Sorry about the wind...
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

foakes

Looked on Google Earth to see where that is --

Beautiful area...

Looks like the depth really drops off as you move just a little to the Southeast, and off the shelf.

Thanks for sharing, AA.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Nice Mark, when am I getting invited to set foot on that Hatteras? ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BryanC

Very nice!  Too bad about the wind.  I would be getting queasy in 6' seas myself.

swill88

conchydong

One of my favorite places in the world. My ancestors on my mom's side came from Green Turtle Key(Lowes). My dad's side came from New Providence (Pritchards).

anglingarchitect

We ate lunch on man o war cay one day they got beer now, they make Albury Brothers boats I wandered into the shop where they were laying up a hull, preping for liner http://alburybrothers.com

Met a woodworker grumpy old man named Hartley said he never met another with his nam till me still grumpy guy.

I been three years in a row now lots of beautiful water, flats and deep, oddly inside not much hard bottom.

It's a paradise for sure, and I'm a lucky guy to get to enjoy it a lot in my life.