alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial 416 SS Gear Sleeve with 10 Teeth PC98-505 and PC98-60
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
January 17, 2020, 02:21:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 416 SS Gear Sleeve with 10 Teeth PC98-505 and PC98-60  (Read 6865 times)
Rancanfish

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2016, 10:07:58 AM »

Wow!  This will work fine on the stock, single dog bridge, right?

And I agree with Sid that and SS 98-155 would be a great idea, too.

Mike

Mike, go to Cortez Tom's section, these are coming available soon.

Can't sleep, clowns will eat me.
RowdyW
Firearms Group

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2016, 10:49:30 AM »

Sid, BP already renumbered the sleeves. 98-60 or 500--- half a dozen of one & 6 of the other. Cheesy  When an aftermarket company produces a part they can issue any number that they desire. Recheck the heading for the new numbers. The new numbers end in PC for Pro Challenger. The number of teeth is also the reason for the new number.
mike1010
Photo Group

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2016, 11:35:43 AM »

Mike

Thanks, but I left out a critical piece:  10 teeth.  AFAIK, Tom is working on the stock design, but in SS.
Bryan Young
Ultimate Upgrades Drags
Administrator

The Reel Whisperer

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2016, 05:01:26 PM »

Mike

Thanks, but I left out a critical piece:  10 teeth.  AFAIK, Tom is working on the stock design, but in SS.

Nothing is stock when it comes to Alan Chui or Cortez Conversations. When they do something they do it with their touch.

Cheesy I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. Cheesy
sdlehr

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2016, 05:12:10 PM »

Sid, BP already renumbered the sleeves. 98-60 or 500--- half a dozen of one & 6 of the other. Cheesy  When an aftermarket company produces a part they can issue any number that they desire. Recheck the heading for the new numbers. The new numbers end in PC for Pro Challenger. The number of teeth is also the reason for the new number.
Sure, Rudy, they can issue any number they desire, but if they want to sell more they ought to issue numbers that promote people's understanding of how or when to use the product.... it's already confusing trying to shop all the suppliers on this site for different parts. I'm just requesting simplicity. Actually, in my initial post I thought that Alan had erred with the number. No matter, it's all clear now.

Sid
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 03:27:07 PM by sdlehr » Logged

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector
Hoochrip

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2016, 03:19:03 PM »

Can't wait for these sleeves and new 4/1 gear, got the bug!!!!
Black Pearl
Webmaster

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 08:29:47 AM »

I received a lot of these sleeves in fine and coarse thread, but there was a shipping problem with the pin. The bag was packing those pins was open, and most of the pins were fallen off the box (there was a big hole on the box) during the shipping. We are going to make those pins again.

Because of this issue, I have only have around 30 pins in the box. If anybody need this gear sleeve, it is in my online store. I put 25 pieces for the fine thread, and 5 pieces for the coarse thread.

Pictures were added in the first posting.

Let me know.

Thanks,
--Alan
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:30:25 AM by Black Pearl » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: