My Boat and finally a place on the water.

Started by anglingarchitect, April 05, 2016, 02:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglingarchitect

A life long dream, of living on the water happened a year ago for me. My boat had a 20 year journey to the lift there.

This is the boat in 1983 in my driveway, perfect.

with my kids their mom and my dad.

new full transom

trim tabs

Marcq

Quote from: anglingarchitect on April 05, 2016, 02:41:49 AM
A life long dream, of living on the water happened a year ago for me. My boat had a 20 year journey to the lift there.

This is the boat in 1983 in my driveway, perfect.

with my kids their mom and my dad.

Cool pics!! Mako?
Marc..

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

anglingarchitect

1976 vintage Mako it was re-done from the hull up a few years back, new tower, deck and  console.

and on the lift at my island estates condo, where i catch trout and crabs off the dock, blue and stone crabs, makes awesome crab cakes.

thorhammer

Goodonya making it to the water full time! I love those old Mako's; they were built like tanks back then. Great upfit with the tilt-tower and teak pulpit!

John

coastal_dan

Heck yeah!  Old Mako's have a special place in my heart for sure.  Awesome that you've held onto it and really put the time and money into it.  Freakin' sweet.  Quite a romantic love story  ;)
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

STRIPER LOU

Nice boat! Did you do the transom work and motor bracket yourself?
...............Lou

anglingarchitect

I visited classic mako .com a lot over the years to get it just the way i wanted like our old reels better than new. It is a love story lots of memories with my kids X and parents.

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

broschro

Awesome! is it the 23? what kind of power? tell us more.. ;D

anglingarchitect

I don't live there full time just most weekends, still have a house in Temple Terrace, just outside Tampa. It's an hour drive between houses, with lots of beach traffic, but it's fantastic. The boat is been a gift, has 250 Etec, Garmin gps, furuno fish finder, runs in 16" of water so It's good on the flats and offshore on "good days" 2' or less. I did a lot of work myself and learned a lot.

David Hall

Shark Hunter

Pretty Cool Mark. Keep Living that dream Brother! ;)
Life is Good!

RowdyW

Hey, let's all go to Marks this weekend and go fishing. :D :D

anglingarchitect

I'm more equiped to have a get together in the panhandle of Florida I have two houses with a pool between.

5 Bedrooms 5 baths outdoor shower, Tiles left from my 1982 house, were used in the shower outside.

View from the porch, thats the other house to the left, and my parents old at the beach front, which we don't own anymore.

My mom with our day trout limit, on my fish cleaning area.