100, 100M Surfmaster

Started by sdlehr, April 07, 2016, 02:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdlehr

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 06, 2016, 01:25:34 AM
Might need a little cleaning, maybe Jay will knock a few bucks off.
Jay (fishgrain) is a member here and a good guy. I've bought from him before, good experience.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Alto Mare

Quote from: sdlehr on September 06, 2016, 03:42:44 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on September 06, 2016, 01:25:34 AM
Might need a little cleaning, maybe Jay will knock a few bucks off.
Jay (fishgrain) is a member here and a good guy. I've bought from him before, good experience.

Sid
Yes  I do business with him as well and I know how he deals, that's the reason I've mentioned he might knock a few bucks off.
Jay is a good guy.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

RowdyW

He's a member here?...what's his handle?                "fishgrain"                                                                                                                                   

thrasher

I gotta tell you I can see now how great this site is! On different forums a new member with only 1 post usually gets ignored but quite the opposite  here. I always smile a bit when I see "Ohana, It means family" and with the recent "welcome to my home" post and realize this site is just that! The fact that you guys (george, sal, mo, sid and rowdy) took time out of your busy lives to answer and post links to help me is amazing. I hope one day I get my reel knowledge up to par with you all to be able to help a newbie like myself. Just knowledge, my wife would kill me if my reel collection gets anywhere near the ones I have seen here, lol.

Having said all that I really had my heart set on an aluminum spool and think I have found one but I saved "fishgrain" in my ebay favorites just incase. I kind of have a feeling I will need Jay in the future for other reels, just don't tell my wife  ;D

Jake

mo65

Quote from: thrasher on September 07, 2016, 12:47:55 AM
   I really had my heart set on an aluminum spool and think I have found one.

Good call thrasher...the aluminum spool is the best option for most fishing. On the other hand, for lighter duty work the plastic spool is a great lure casting spool. It's easy to control and reduces weight. If you can stand to wait a while, you can nab a whole reel for the price of a spool! Then you have options, more parts, win~win! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thrasher

Hey guys just wanted to give an update. I gave it a cleaning and added new drag washer kit and aluminum spool and absolutely love it. It will mainly be my snapper/snook rod for the pier or jetty, just have to finish the old yellow hurricane rod and i'll be good to go. I was lucky to find a spool online for $26 shipped and am now thinking I should have bought more than one. Just wanted to say thanks to you all.

sdlehr

Quote from: thrasher on September 10, 2016, 09:46:56 PM
It will mainly be my snapper/snook rod for the pier or jetty
Thrasher, where are you in the Sunshine state?

Sid
Sid Lehr

thrasher

Good eye Sid, I am a little North of you in WPB, Greenacres to be precise.

sdlehr

Quote from: thrasher on September 11, 2016, 11:40:37 AM
Good eye Sid, I am a little North of you in WPB, Greenacres to be precise.
I have often worked in Greenacres. I'm fishing with RowdyW on the Lady K out of Lantana on Thursday night, you're welcome to join us. She leaves the dock at 6:30, returns at 10:30. It'll be cool(er) than trying to fish during the day, and the full moon is Friday.

Sid
Sid Lehr

thrasher

Sid thank you for the invite, I have actually been thinking of taking a trip on her with my father. Unfortunately I can't make it this trip, my wife's new job has her training in Coral Gables and I have a bunch of animals to take care of during the weekdays. I don't know what I was thinking talking her into the third chihuahua but have learned to stay out of animal control, lol.

I wish you guys the best of luck and hope to see a hefty fishing report!

sdlehr

Bad news on the fishing report. The boat was in the boat yard. That was last night. So I decided to do a 4-hr drift this afternoon, from 1-5, with the full moon occurring at 3:05. I drove to the (different) dock and they didn't have enough people interested in fishing, so I didn't get out again! >:( >:( >:(

Sid
Sid Lehr

thrasher

Sorry to hear that Sid, I was hoping you guys would slay them. Hopefully you got all the bad luck out of the way so the next trip will be nothing but good news.

sdlehr

The next trip is Monday (tomorrow) night on the Living on Island Time in Hypoluxo if you want to join us! Leaves at 6:30.

Sid
Sid Lehr

JohnDeereMoxie

I just got this Surfmaster 100 a couple weeks ago from an antique shop.  I thought it wasn't a bad deal at $22. Wish I could've gotten it for less, I love the image on it.  I haven't taken it apart yet, but everything seems to be pretty smooth on it, clicker sounds great.  How do I date this?