surfmaster 150 newell bar size

Started by MikeS51, April 11, 2016, 09:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeS51

My love of surfmasters is getting out of hand  ;D I recently won a 150 with an aluminum spool and newell base for cheap on ebay. Question is what size newell bars should I be after? I know a tiburon p15 is also an option but I'm thinking I'll stick with newell parts on this one.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

Hoochrip

bluefish69

It should be a 220 size  either "P or G" series
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Maxed Out

Pretty sure a 150 is same width as a 99.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

bluefish69

Ted

I know the 220 is the Penn 146. The 235 should be a Squidder. That leaves the 229. No matter which one you get make sure you get the Bars that are Taped not through holes.

RUSTY OLD COLT

Is there away to put inserts in the non threaded bars ?

bluefish69

You have to find the inserts. Then the Glue

RUSTY OLD COLT

Do you have any sources or parts numbers for the inserts ?

MikeS51

Thanks for the replies guys. I think the 229 bars are what I'm after. I'll keep my eyes out.

vilters

not 100% sure, but I think the 229 bars are the right width, but spacing between screws is different. I've got a newelled 150, and will check when I get home.

MikeS51

Quote from: vilters on April 12, 2016, 07:37:02 PM
not 100% sure, but I think the 229 bars are the right width, but spacing between screws is different. I've got a newelled 150, and will check when I get home.

Great thanks!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Mike the Newell 229 bars do not have the correct hole pattern for your Penn 150.  You need the Newell bars for the 145 Squidder.  I have a near good used set of Newell graphite 145/150 bars that you can have for $21 plus $3 for USPS First Class Parcel postage if you can wait for a shipping date of 4/19.  If that works for you please PM your email address to me and I will send you a Paypal invoice.

Thanks,

Randy

MikeS51

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on April 12, 2016, 11:01:12 PM
Mike the Newell 229 bars do not have the correct hole pattern for your Penn 150.  You need the Newell bars for the 145 Squidder.  I have a near good used set of Newell graphite 145/150 bars that you can have for $21 plus $3 for USPS First Class Parcel postage if you can wait for a shipping date of 4/19.  If that works for you please PM your email address to me and I will send you a Paypal invoice.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy I'll take it thanks. Throw it in with my p16 if possible.

Thanks for all the knowledge on here. Matching Newell parts is a little more complicated than I thought