Why is there not a Fin-Nor sub-forum?

Started by Nasty Wendy, April 13, 2016, 04:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Congrats on your 30! Here is my 12/20, for Dan. Not the oldest but IMO the most overbuilt 12lb class reel ever and two speed; one of my favorite pieces. Zebco this is not...

Nasty Wendy

That's nice.  I love that trait...."over built". ;D
Hi I'm Clay.
Lets raise our children to be Super Fishermen not Superficial men and women.

The more I interact with people the more I like my dog.

Marcq

Quote from: thorhammer on April 20, 2016, 10:20:03 AM
Congrats on your 30! Here is my 12/20, for Dan. Not the oldest but IMO the most overbuilt 12lb class reel ever and two speed; one of my favorite pieces. Zebco this is not...

Yup!! For a 12lb class, indestructible/robust look for sure  8) I like Fin Nor reels, they are different
Marc..

sharkman

Recently purchased 2 fin nor Ahab spinning reels. I think the reel feel well built.  So far have not let me down.

Nasty Wendy

Well my reel arrived yesterday and it can't be distinguished from a reel fresh from the factory.  I'm going fishing today but I haven't gotten it spooled yet so the reports will have to be after next trip.  It is a thing of beauty and for 50 cents on the dollar I'm well pleased.  There is a card in the box that states that this reel has achieved more than 60lbs of drag at strike while still maintaining free spool.  They are advertised to attain 50lbs at strike with free spool so 60 is like a cherry on top.  The hand written card by the test tech is a nice touch.
Hi I'm Clay.

Bryan Young

There is now...for Conventional Reels and for Spinners  ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Nasty Wendy

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 22, 2016, 03:00:32 PM

Happy camper I am.
Hi I'm Clay.

Keta

Quote from: Nasty Wendy on April 27, 2016, 01:47:46 AM
Quote from: Bryan Young on April 22, 2016, 03:00:32 PM

Happy camper I am.

And you get the blame for the conventional board.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

exp2000

Quote from: handi2 on April 17, 2016, 05:59:23 PM
Here are some pictures of a Fin Nor spinner I serviced a few months ago. I don't remember the model but do remember the internals.
http://alantani.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17696.0;attach=20216;image

Looks like a Fin Nor Offshore.

A lot of charter operators use these. With SS gears they are very tough and good value for money.
~