Anyone have a Cedros Speed Jig Rod

Started by spes, February 27, 2011, 12:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

bummer... envy you guys all of you have Local tackle shop, not my case

I have the review almost everything on the web, ask for real experiences on the reels or rods Im interested on forums, check the normal failures, etc and then buy it online, few times I have the opportunity to find the reel or rod Im want on a local sport store (on US city of course) but 80% of the times I buy online and hoping for the best.

The Baja Guy

intili

Have two of these, on 6 XXH and one 6.5 H, they rock!! Both conventional, one has MK30IISE and the other MK15II! My only two speed lever drag reels are makairas, sold off my AVET and the older okuma silver aluminum two speed 50 I had.

theswimmer

Talk about bringing back an old thread! Feb 2011......

I have the Okuma CJ-C-601 M and love it , quality is very good for the price point. The component quality is  good, the build quality surprised me.
I use the rod for inshore rock and Ling fishing as well as trolling and I really like it.

Best
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

swill88

Quote from: theswimmer on June 17, 2015, 03:19:48 PM
Talk about bringing back an old thread! Feb 2011......

I have the Okuma CJ-C-601 M and love it , quality is very good for the price point. The component quality is  good, the build quality surprised me.
I use the rod for inshore rock and Ling fishing as well as trolling and I really like it.

Best
JT

Talk about bringing back an old thread... again!

JT,

Can you tell what reel you use on the CJ-C-601?
I do the same kind of fishing off the coast and am looking for another setup.

Thanks,
Steve

theswimmer

Sorry Steve, missed the reply.
I use an old school Jigmaster that is stock with the exception of the drag stack and a bridge that has some tweaks  suggested  by Bryan.
I also have used a Shimanso TLD Star 15/30 a couple of times and like that combination very much as well.
Merry Christmas!

JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn