Bait and Rods

Started by Keta, April 17, 2016, 12:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

Quote from: Keta on April 23, 2016, 11:27:08 PM
The first line under my cat's photo is the first step to recovery, "Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem"..... ;D

Recovery?  There is no recovery, I'm a dedicated tackle 'ho!

I read Sami G's report on his last trip to the Andaman Islands on BloodyDecks (http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/andaman-islands-april-2016.623312/).  He was using one to jig up Dogtooth Tuna and I felt inspired.  We don't have those around here so I'll have to settle for YT, rockfish and maybe some BFT.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

I have a few places to hide in Thailand and have thought about fishing the Andaman Sea. 
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

RowdyW

Quote from: noyb72 on April 23, 2016, 09:48:54 PM
I have been told that kats make good shark bait.
Ron
So do sailors. ;D ;D ;D

Keta

How do you hook them?

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bill B

Lee, I don't know what your travel plans are, but my trailer is in Sacramento and about 10 hrs from SD, so if you need a place to rest Mi Casa, Es Su Casa......send me pm if interested......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Keta

It might work on the return.  I am running out of steam around Sac,  and I can drop of some fish.

Mark Twain

steelhead_killer

Me too!!!

Quote from: Keta on April 23, 2016, 11:43:54 PM
I have a few places to hide in Thailand and have thought about fishing the Andaman Sea. 
><)))">

steelfish

Quote from: MarkT on April 23, 2016, 11:31:44 PM
Quote from: Keta on April 23, 2016, 11:27:08 PM
The first line under my cat's photo is the first step to recovery, "Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem"..... ;D

Recovery?  There is no recovery, I'm a dedicated tackle 'ho!

I read Sami G's report on his last trip to the Andaman Islands on BloodyDecks (http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/andaman-islands-april-2016.623312/).  He was using one to jig up Dogtooth Tuna and I felt inspired.  We don't have those around here so I'll have to settle for YT, rockfish and maybe some BFT.

are you kidding?

The Baja Guy

swill88

Quote from: steelfish on June 01, 2016, 05:58:55 PM

are you kidding?

what's that noodle you're using?

MarkT

I have 300 yds of 50# Maxcuatro on my Accurate Valiant 300 with a leader of 40#.  I got a nice Yellowtail with a Flat Fall.  I used a Phenix psw760H rather than a super thin jigging rod like Sami.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Big Tim

Quote from: Keta on May 01, 2016, 01:24:42 PM
How do you hook them?

To use a Sailor for bait Lee you must hook him in the FANTAIL  ;D ;D ;D

BT