Morro Bay April 17, 2016 - Cape San Martin Trip

Started by El Pescador, April 19, 2016, 12:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johndtuttle

El Pescador

What a slew of fresh fish!!!

Dominick, come on over for fish, please.

Jonathan, do you want the Rockfish/Ling Cod skins for your surf fishing bait???  If so, I'll freeze them until you are in the SF Bay area next.  

If you don't want the skins, I'll take them over to Dominick's and drop the bag in his trash!!!!!

Send me a PM.     Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Marcq

Quote from: El Pescador on April 19, 2016, 11:38:22 PM
What a slew of fresh fish!!!

Dominick, come on over for fish, please.

Jonathan, do you want the Rockfish/Ling Cod skins for your surf fishing bait???  If so, I'll freeze them until you are in the SF Bay area next.  Send me a PM.     Wayne

Weird color meat, which fish is the light blue meat?

Marc..

Dominick

Marc the blue tint comes from arsenic in ling cod.  I will go get all the blue ling cod and destroy it.   :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

stoked4fishin

You all had a great time!  Sorry I missed out.  Next time!

Big Tim

Quote from: Dominick on April 20, 2016, 12:39:25 AM
Marc the blue tint comes from arsenic in ling cod.  I will go get all the blue ling cod and destroy it.   :D ;D Dominick

NO! Dom the blue tint is actually a result of the nuclear waste emitting from the San Louis power plant & and thus the result of REM " Roentgen equivalent man" in the salt water off the central coast of California, then the Lingcod turns green and glows in the night. Therefore all green Lingcod should be turned over to me so that my brother in law Mike who was on this trip and works as an Archaeologist for PG & E at that plant can  inspect the REM limits (with me of coarse) to make sure they actually are edible. All un used samples that are deemed to have acceptable levels of REM will be returned to the fisherman ASAP.

;D ;D ;D
BT

El Pescador

OK Hans (Dominick) and Franz (BigTim),

Let's give the honest answer to Marc,

Per Wikipedia, about 20% of Ling Cod have blue skin & flesh, and the cooking process will destroy the blue tint.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingcod

Either way, it was a FANTASTIC trip.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Big Tim

Quote from: El Pescador on April 20, 2016, 02:13:13 AM
OK Hans (Dominick) and Franz (BigTim),

Let's give the honest answer to Marc,

Per Wikipedia, about 20% of Ling Cod have blue skin & flesh, and the cooking process will destroy the blue tint.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingcod

Either way, it was a FANTASTIC trip.

Wayne

I'm just working reel hard on putting the #### back into Sarca$$tic  ;D ;D ;D Great fun Wayne.

BT

Marcq

You guys are pretty funny, almost believed you  ;D Anyways, it does not look too appetizing  :-X

Thanks Wayne  ;)

Marc..

Big Tim

Sorry Marc  ;D  They all turn white when cooking and have a fabulous taste & texture. I have seen many white, blue/green an even tan color Lings over the years an am sure it's due to the food and surroundings in which they inhabit.

BT

Marcq

Quote from: Big Tim on April 20, 2016, 02:46:52 AM
Sorry Marc  ;D  They all turn white when cooking and have a fabulous taste & texture. I have seen many white, blue/green an even tan color Lings over the years an am sure it's due to the food and surroundings in which they inhabit.

BT

Thanks Tim, that makes more sense  ;)

Marc..

theswimmer

Thanks Wayne but Megan filled one of the big ziplocks with Red skin for me.
Gotta know how to schmoozz thos girls😘
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

sundaytrucka

It was great getting to meet a lot of you on Saturday, dinner was delicious and a lot of fun...the veggie lasagna was my favorite.

I dedicated my trip to Dominick, in case anybody on board the boat did not know. Lol

Thanks for taking all the pics and capturing the moments Wayne, it was great meeting you, and hopefully we can all get together again!

-Scott
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

theswimmer

Scott ,
I suffer the same malady.
My best friend is Scopolamine, I never leave home without it.
I have never been sick using the patch and we go way offshore 40-50 miles on the big sailboat.
Tell your doc what you do and they should write a script for 4 doses plus 3 refills.
I will pass the compliment about the lasagana to Mari.
Best,
Jonthan
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

JT & Mari, the Lasagna was great but it was even better Sunday evening! Thank you both so very much.

BT