Morro Bay April 17, 2016 - Cape San Martin Trip

Started by El Pescador, April 19, 2016, 12:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

Thanks BT,
I wasn't sure the vegi would be a hit but Mari received multiple kudos.
Glad it all worked out.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

El Pescador

Quote from: sundaytrucka on April 20, 2016, 07:57:41 PM
It was great getting to meet a lot of you on Saturday, dinner was delicious and a lot of fun...the veggie lasagna was my favorite.
I dedicated my trip to Dominick, in case anybody on board the boat did not know. Lol
Thanks for taking all the pics and capturing the moments Wayne, it was great meeting you, and hopefully we can all get together again!     -Scott

Scott,

It was my pleasure meeting you and picking your brain & experience re: San Diego Long Range trips.  I know you were not feeling your best on this past boat trip, let's hope for better next time!

Let's book another trip and get back out on the water.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

steelfish

Quote from: El Pescador on April 19, 2016, 11:38:22 PM

Jonathan, do you want the Rockfish/Ling Cod skins for your surf fishing bait???  If so, I'll freeze them until you are in the SF Bay area next.  

is the fish skin really used on surf fishing? how do you guys use it?

this is new to me and I do a lot of surf fishing for triggers and spotted bass and normally discard all fish skin from YT and sierras
The Baja Guy

theswimmer

I use the skin on both swim baits and jigs as well as 1 oz Silver Kastmasters.
For the swim baits I like Big Hammers and just make a long tail about the length of the swim bait.
For the Kastmasters I both make tails and what my Dad called a body/tail.
I will see if I have some pics on the home computer later.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Cool thing about skin bait is that you rarely lose one because the skin is so tough.
Works really well in rocky areas.

Errol Flynn

steelfish

cool.

next time I will save some fish skin and give them a try
The Baja Guy

bluefish69

Leave some meat on the skin. It's been used on the East Coast [Long Island] for Fluke since before I was born. Pieces 2-3" long work great for Black Sea Bass. I fillet the small Cunners for Sea Bass.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Gfish

Great photos and write-up "El Pescador". Really enjoyed it. Years ago I watched a guy gettin one surf perch after another near the big rock, where the power plant effluent was comin out. I brought home a Monterey Bay cabezon to my chinese mom-in-law once(everything but the guts gets cooked) and when she saw the blue -green flesh, she freaked out, certain her crazy American son-in-law had soaked/washed it in dish soap! We got that same thing in Hawaii with the needlefish, even the bones are a bluish color.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

El Pescador

Quote from: Gfish on June 23, 2016, 05:42:31 AM
Great photos and write-up "El Pescador". Really enjoyed it. ...  Gfish

Thanks GFish for the kind words! 

Kauai??  You are living where I still need to fish!

Aloha!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!