Any interest in a 18 person max/12 hour limited load trip in Nov/Dec?????

Started by pjstevko, April 19, 2016, 03:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

Since a couple of us missed out on the "AT Take Over Trip" this past Sunday I was wondering if there'd be any interest in a 18 person limited load 12 hour Cape San Martin trip in Nov/Dec????

All the limited load trips are on Wednesdays which I know can be an issue for most folks but that's why I want to start planning now  ;D ;D

Plus with this much notice and the low limit load of people maybe we can fill the whole boat with AT members and really take over!!!!

So what'd ya say....anyone interested ??? ??? ??? ???

PJ

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

swill88

PJ...I would like that trip.  Talk with Tim as he's got relationships with the folks at the landing.

My condolences.  Been there.

Steve

stoked4fishin

Big Tim

PJ, this is a great idea. The one thing to consider is that not everyone can take a mid week day off and that several will have to then take Thursday off as well. I am working on a similar idea to charter the Endeavor on a Sunday limited load that would include gunny sack, fish cleaning, breakfast, lunch and a tip to the crew. Beer, sodas, snacks and jackpot would be extra. My thoughts are 22 people at $200.00 each and around the same time you are talking about. If you think this is acceptable I would like any an all input. I ran this by Brad on the boat Sunday and was met with nod and smile. A lot to work out and approval of the landing, but I think we did a good job of getting into the good graces of the landing Sunday. I also have a few strings I can pull with old friends that are willing to help. Sorry to Hijack your thread.

BT

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Big Tim

Quote from: MarkT on April 20, 2016, 03:49:20 AM
What are conditions likely to be up there in Nov/Dec?
Late September and early October is when the big females start to move in for spawning, this is why the season ends December 31 so that all the females can spawn. This is typically the best time of year to go after the big Lings. I have seen the best activity in this area late September thru the end of the season as the males and females seem to be more aggressive protecting their spots. As far as weather goes it seems as the weather in the valley turns sour the the coast turns cool and calm. That is not a guarantee at at all. I have found many poor conditions in the winter on the central coast, but the better conditions seem to lean to later in the season. Not a scientific view at all...Just an ol fisherman.

BT

pjstevko

Quote from: Big Tim on April 20, 2016, 01:42:59 AM
PJ, this is a great idea. The one thing to consider is that not everyone can take a mid week day off and that several will have to then take Thursday off as well. I am working on a similar idea to charter the Endeavor on a Sunday limited load that would include gunny sack, fish cleaning, breakfast, lunch and a tip to the crew. Beer, sodas, snacks and jackpot would be extra. My thoughts are 22 people at $200.00 each and around the same time you are talking about. If you think this is acceptable I would like any an all input. I ran this by Brad on the boat Sunday and was met with nod and smile. A lot to work out and approval of the landing, but I think we did a good job of getting into the good graces of the landing Sunday. I also have a few strings I can pull with old friends that are willing to help. Sorry to Hijack your thread.

BT

Tim that sounds like a perfect trip and I'd be all for it!!!! Since you already got the ball rolling on this I'll let you take the reins on yet another AT group outing in the fall.

alantani

absolutely! i do have a puerto vallarta trip planned that first week of december, and of course we all have thanksgiving, so perhaps the week or two before thanksgiving.  if you pick a date, i can let mom know and we can reserve the cayucos house again. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

sundaytrucka

I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Bryan Young

I'd be for it.  I may need to bring my daughter, which I know all of you would be gentlemen around her.  Can we count her as a half or quarter load and make it 18.5?  She will normally fish and catch a few then go to sleep anyway.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mikeysm

Count me in winter time I have all the time I need to fish.

Mike

Big Tim

November has holidays and I have a few plans. October weather is a crap shoot? As well is any other time. I would like late September or early October??? What say you???

Here is the offer I plan to make to the Landing:

1) 22 passengers @ $150.0 = $3300.00
2)Food (breakfast and lunch) 22 @ $12.00 = $264.00
3) 22 gunny sacks @ $2.00 = $44.00
4)22 fish cleaning fees @ $16.00 = $352.00
5)TIP 22 @ $20.00 = $440.00

TOTAL = $4400.00

This is $200.00 per person and will equal what they get for 30 passengers @ $110.00 per. The variable  is that we will guarantee that the crew gets a tip, fish cleaning, gunny sacks, and food money whether you use all the service or not... Beer, sodas & snacks extra. Additional tip I'm sure would be welcome and the Jackpot would be extra.

Am I missing something?

BT

swill88

Quote from: Big Tim on April 20, 2016, 11:53:01 PM
November has holidays and I have a few plans. October weather is a crap shoot? As well is any other time. I would like late September or early October??? What say you???

Here is the offer I plan to make to the Landing:

1) 22 passengers @ $150.0 = $3300.00
2)Food (breakfast and lunch) 22 @ $12.00 = $264.00
3) 22 gunny sacks @ $2.00 = $44.00
4)22 fish cleaning fees @ $16.00 = $352.00
5)TIP 22 @ $20.00 = $440.00

TOTAL = $4400.00

This is $200.00 per person and will equal what they get for 30 passengers @ $110.00 per. The variable  is that we will guarantee that the crew gets a tip, fish cleaning, gunny sacks, and food money whether you use all the service or not... Beer, sodas & snacks extra. Additional tip I'm sure would be welcome and the Jackpot would be extra.

Am I missing something?

BT

Tim... your numbers work out the same for 18 or 12 people. $200 per person. I heard Brad will go with 12.

I'm inclined to vote to try for Nov just because they say the fish are bigger. Am flexible.

Thinking I want to net a big female, weigh her, release her... if possible.

Weekend or midweek?

Steve

22   $150.00    $3,300.00
22   $12.00    $264.00
22   $2.00    $44.00
22   $16.00    $352.00
22   $20.00    $440.00
      $4,400.00

$200.00    per person

18   $150.00    $2,700.00
18   $12.00    $216.00
18   $2.00    $36.00
18   $16.00    $288.00
18   $20.00    $360.00
      $3,600.00

$200.00    per person

12   $150.00    $1,800.00
12   $12.00    $144.00
12   $2.00    $24.00
12   $16.00    $192.00
12   $20.00    $240.00
      $2,400.00

$200.00    per person

Big Tim

Steve I'm opting for a Sunday trip, and yes your numbers work out as well but Brad and Glenn said that because of the growing popularity of the Endeavor Cape San Martin trip they can easily over book like they did on Sunday... I think 32 and I want to avoid overbooking. If I had the money I would charter for 10 and call it good. I also want Megan, Sean, Tabby and Brad to get a better payday as far as the food and fish cleaning bill goes and 22 on that boat would be good and we can accomplish all goals. They could easily say no and make us fish with 32 again.

BT