Perfection by Dwight...!

Started by Aiala, April 20, 2016, 06:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Very nice!!! Will the Avet take the place of the 6/0 you masterfully tanked?

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

David Hall

Mac53

Having had Dwight build some reels for me, I am not surprised at how good that rod looks in pink!  Well done Dwight!

Newell Nut

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 20, 2016, 09:13:30 PM
Quote from: Dominick on April 20, 2016, 07:50:14 PM
It's a beauty alright.  I might switch to purple Speedos after seeing this set-up.   ::) Dominick
I just lost my appetite.  No offense Dominick...arg, I cannot erase that picture from my mind. :-\

Dwight, awesome work.  Will you be wrapping rods in Hawaii?

No Bryan, not building in Hawaii but I have offered to help John get his operation up to speed and hopefully shorten his learning curve.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Newell Nut on April 20, 2016, 10:21:38 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on April 20, 2016, 09:13:30 PM
Quote from: Dominick on April 20, 2016, 07:50:14 PM
It's a beauty alright.  I might switch to purple Speedos after seeing this set-up.   ::) Dominick
I just lost my appetite.  No offense Dominick...arg, I cannot erase that picture from my mind. :-\

Dwight, awesome work.  Will you be wrapping rods in Hawaii?

No Bryan, not building in Hawaii but I have offered to help John get his operation up to speed and hopefully shorten his learning curve.

I need all the help I can get.  
I wish there was a magic fairy, or something that could grant me more free time.

:)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

cbar45

erikpowell

That's a beauty!
Hope you get to put a serious bend in that  ;D

handi2

Perfection a it's best. He built one for my son that is perfect.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

steelhead_killer

Nice work!  Love the reel/rod combo
><)))">

Tiddlerbasher

Beautiful work Dwight - You are a lucky gal Aiala :)

Aiala

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on April 21, 2016, 09:01:46 AM
Beautiful work, Dwight - You are a lucky gal, Aiala :)

That I am, Mr. T... and more grateful than I can say.  :)

Mark, the mere thought of Coachella gives me the cold horrors... as much as possible, I avoid the entire millennial mess.  :P

Dominick, please do NOT switch to purple Speedos... you'll shock all the fish into floaters.  ::)  ;D

John, no, I'm intending this setup for large (I hope!) BFTs or YFTs. I'll probably designate the 6/0 as my deep dropper loop rig.  ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

steelfish

Quote from: Aiala on April 20, 2016, 06:52:07 PM
To celebrate my recent birthday I decided to commission my first-ever custom-designed rod,

every thing that qualify as FIRST EVER has a special place in our memories and emotions, I can only imagine how do you feel with this beauty of a rod, that deserve to be on the living room in a corner or something for the enjoyment of your friends and family.

Im waiting my First ever 2-speed reel, a Fathom 40LD2, dang, its like having 9 years old again and waiting for your first Bikecycle, I cant wait to have it and cant wait to try it.

according to my bucket list next is having a custom rod, not now but soon.
Congrats Aiala and congrats Dwight

The Baja Guy

Aiala

Quote from: steelfish on April 21, 2016, 04:35:09 PM
According to my bucket list, next is having a custom rod, not now but soon.

Excellent! When you're ready, Dwight can build you a masterpiece to match that Fathom 40LD2.   ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D