Penn Leveline 350

Started by sdlehr, April 21, 2016, 11:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Hard luck Lee, the scum of the earth, I would rather have the 349 anyday, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Keta

I have over a dozen 349s, no 350s.  Even if I got the 350 he would have got the good end of the deal but chose to be a turd.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Surfrat

The Penn 350 is a very interesting reel. Can you imagine if it came with Jigmaster main gear and pinion? ::)

@Keta. I am sorry to hear about this ordure character. May he or she always lose fish and expensive tackles.  >:(

handi2

By the way what happened to Sid that started this thread?
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

thorhammer

Last I heard from Sid he was busy in his practice (dentist) and is heavyweight in ORCA; he is, or at least was, an officer or editor I think.

Lee, you want a 350 if I have one around? I think I pirated some parts off one to build out a Squidder or 200, but may have another in a tote somewhere.

John

foakes

Sid is a Veterinarian.

He might be a dentist also.

That would be impressive!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thorhammer

I stand corrected! Thanks Fred!

Gfish

Could be wrong, but Sid, an excellent photographer, was gonna make us a calendar featuring some our best reel creations. Bunch of trouble about he wanted those reels sent to him, to do the pictures his way, instead of using pictures taken by members. Too many were understandably reluctant to do so. That's just  what I remember before he stopped posting. Please correct if I'm wrong.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

thorhammer

I remember talk of a calendar but no details. He's in good standing last I saw. Met him on the Penn plant tour with Sal, and he later did me a real solid on a parts payback. I had sent him a NOS 65 spool in-box he was looking, that I'd had for 15 years and clearly wasn't in need of. A while later he came back with a VGC 9/0 chrome spool I needed, where he had swapped in a period correct one in a restoration. The 700 yards of Ande I put on it didn't care what year it was made.