Gosa 10 k

Started by oldtrackster, March 04, 2011, 02:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldtrackster

Does anyone know about this reel yet?  Does it have a metal or graphite rotor?  Would really really like to know how it compares to Okuma v-system series of reels if anyone knows.
Can someone explain how the Feds count recreational Red Snapper catch?

"Pretty sure it involves a witch doctor, an astrologist, and a tub of KY jelly." - jamisjockey

alantani

i did a quick google search and came up empty.  if you have a link, i will take a look.  is it a shimano? 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

george.s

I would say he is talking about a 10.000  saragosa. I don't think they have even hit the shops yet. have they I heard they were going to put one out but I haven't seen it, It's not on the shimano site.

oldtrackster

Saragosa 10k,

Melton Tackle just listed them.
http://www.meltontackle.com/products/shimano-saragosa-f-reels.html

There has been some discussion on one of the fishing forums but I do not want to be rude and post a link if that is not permitted.  It seems its an 8k platform as the weight and gear ratio are very similiar.  I have been looking at the Vsystem as intermediate reel (less than Saltiga or Stella in price and quality I am sure) but with Saragosa 10k I would get the line capacity I wanted in a budget reel.  So now I have to decide which is the better quality, the Saragosa or Okuma VSystem.

Sorry for the lag time in response to your posts, I have been at work.

"Pretty sure it involves a witch doctor, an astrologist, and a tub of KY jelly." - jamisjockey

jclarksnakes

I bought one of the Saragosa 10000s from J&H. Great reel. I loaded 270 yards of hollow JB60 on it. Has already handled a couple Amberjacks. I have the Okuma VSystem V55 and it is just an okay reel. After a few trips surf fishing it has some play in the handle. I wanted to give Okuma a chance and had heard good things about their newer top line reels. The VSystem is supposed to be their top of the line spinnner but it is certainly a less worthy reel than a similar size Saragosa or Stradic.

oldtrackster

Thanks for the review and jclark, I appreciate it.