Daiwa Saltist LW20HC Autoengage fail.

Started by Drisse, June 07, 2016, 12:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drisse

I got a Daiwa LW20HC for service. Tried it before I opened it up and there was no autoengage. I didn't know there should be autoengage on the reel, but when I opened it up I saw there was a mechanism for autoengage.

On the Yoke plate there is a springloaded mechanism that should go back when a pin under the anti reverse ratchet hits the mechanism. The pin under the anti reverse ratchet is a little bit worn, but should be good enough to work in my opinion. I think its something with the little spring thats connected between the Yoke plate and the frame. I did put it back as it was placed, and what I can see it can only be placed one way.

Does anyone had trouble with the autoengage on Daiwa Saltist LW20HC or LW30HC ? Or does anyone have or can take a picture of the opened up crankside ?

Thanks in advance !

Drisse

Still cant figure out what the problem is. Any ideas ?

PNWReels

I repair mostly Penn's for local sportfishing/charter fleet. I took on 6 Daiwa LW 20 LCHA for one boat.  Half of them have this exact problem.

And no matter how much I tweak, tighten, loosen, bend, nothing engages the bail to close.

Did you ever get an answer on this problem? I have to get these reels on the ocean ASAP. And 20 websites later, I still have no answers!!
Susie @ PNW Reel Repair