Penn international

Started by Dee84cali, July 01, 2016, 02:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee84cali

Hey fellas been looking into purchasing a trolling reel. I fish of a kayak in so cal. I troll mackerel for yt,tuna thresher if they bite. The international 2 30t caught my attention. Is that overkill or which international would u guys recommend

alantani

how much drag can a kayak handle?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dee84cali

Well 2weeks ago I had my 4/0 locked down fighting a thresher. I would say a significant amount

Dee84cali

I'm sure there's a difference from a 12t-20t and 30 from line capacity to drag I just can't seem to fine any specs.. I think 25-30# drag would with 500 yards of spectra and the international reel has to narrow. What would u say?

alantani

4/0 senators can deliver an easy 15 pounds of drag.  figure straight 80 pound mono or 100 pound spectra with an 80 pound topshot with 24 pounds of drag.  it's a significant load.  if you want to go 60 pound test, a 6/0 penn senator 114h might serve you better. 

Dee84cali

The 4/0 is all I need really but when I saw the Penn 30T I fell in love with it! Lol... The international just looks sexier. Which international produces the same if not a little better than the 4/0 that's narrow?

alantani

if the 30 two speed is available at a good price, go for it!  you can always load it with straight 60# mono and fish it like a 4/0 or 6/0 senator.