Fishing Report 7/13/16

Started by STRIPER LOU, July 14, 2016, 06:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Yesterday was a great day on the big pond! Up at 3:30 and on the water at 4:45. Seems lately I've been fishing midweek and its working out well. It gives the fish a few days to get back to normal after the weekend warriors, Its been coinciding with the correct tides, and there seems to be less boat traffic.

As daylight appeared I had already boated a couple of 20 pounders and a schoolie and was getting ready to hit another spot I'd been going too with the bunker spoons when the tide changed.

Bait has been somewhat scarce this year and just when getting ready to leave I spotted a couple of big bait pods on the machine and decided to stick around. The next 2 1/2 hrs was lock n load. Numerous fish to 35lbs all on the old reliable red /white SH swimmer.

At one point I was reeling in a pretty nice cow and flipped when I saw what was following her!!!!! Maybe a dozen or so bass and some were slobs!

Netted the fish and quickly grabbed the spinning rod with my new spook creation and tossed it out. A few whacks at it but missed both times. Saw some more commotion fairly close to the boat and made a short lob. A few twitches later the water erupted like a volcano and I was tight to a large lady. About 15 minutes later I slipped the net under a nice 30+ pounder. The cooler, well oxygenated water in these rips makes these Bass fighting beasts!!!! Every one of these fish went deep and pulled like trains!

Spin outfit is a 8' Tica w/penn btl4000 with 30 lb power pro. So for me that's a pretty light outfit. Wire outfit is a 7 1/2 ft tsunami carbide with 4/0 penn and .025 wire and a 18' topshot of 80lb Berkley Big Game.

The pic of the fish in the net is ready for release and the one under the wet towel didn't make it. Unfortunately the plug flipped around and tore her underbelly.
Final tally was 11 large and a half dozen or so of schoolies. My back was tired!!!!! :P  :P  :-\

Just checked my inventory and only 2 SH Swimmers left. Looks like I'll have to replenish this winter.
All have a great day, regards, ..  Lou

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Bryan Young

A day to dream about comes true. Sound like you had a blast. Thank you for taking us along for the ride.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

David Hall

Yep love that red and white.

STRIPER LOU

Sorry Dave, we screwed up! It honestly can get pretty hectic here on weekends and it just got overlooked when it was busy. You'll love the green/yellow and when I make the r/w for myself this winter I'll include one for you!!

Will be in touch on your knob shortly. Trying to get  a few other orders out the door in between.
You've been very patient and gracious and I appreciate it!
Best regards,  ..  Lou

mo65

Wow...great fish! :o We fish for hybrids in the river...but don't get anything like those.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Dominick

Great report Lou, now get back to the knobs.   ;) ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mo65

Quote from: Dominick on July 18, 2016, 06:35:14 PM
Great report Lou, now get back to the knobs.   ;) ;D Dominick

Hee hee hee hee....:D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~