Main Menu

Jaws

Started by swill88, July 18, 2016, 03:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swill88

Watched Jaws last night.  Never paid attention to the gear before but now, after joining AT site a year and a half ago, my focus was on the rod and reel.

What models are the Penn and Fenwick?

Steve

Aiala

Not sure about the rod, but I believe the reel is a 16/0 Senator. Mr. Shark will know for sure.   ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

thorhammer

There was a thread a ways back on this. 16/0 and a Fenwick 130 class Fenglass, I believe. Sal may even have that rod model; he has a sweet collection of old trolling sticks in cluding Fenwick.

mo65

"We ain't fishing down at the pond for bluegills or tommy cots"  8)

;D ***Quint for President*** ;D

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

sdlehr

Found this while searching for "tommy cot"

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Big Tim

Steve-O

My young daughters are begging me to let them watch Jaws. I had just graduated high school when it came out and that summer at Panama city beach,FL.....nobody wanted to get into the water.

And the water in the gulf is as clear as a swimming pool.

What a site ...just watching people walking along kicking sand.

Guess we need to get a copy and watch it during our next beach vacay.... ;D

Aiala

A great, great classic movie, scary as all get-out, despite that lamentable rubber shark.  ::)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

thorhammer

If you don't get stirred up when that 118 clicker trips and old George straps up in the chair, go on and find yourself another board to hang out on......

thorhammer

Meaning Robert Shaw. Long day

mike1010

Quote from: Aiala on July 19, 2016, 12:21:45 AM
A great, great classic movie, scary as all get-out, despite that lamentable rubber shark.  ::)

~A~

"Bruce," according to the press at the time.  Then there's the Orca, deck awash, and then relatively high and dry, and then...  Well, you know.  No matter; great movie.

Alto Mare

Definitely one of my favorite movies, but only the first Jaws.

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

Quote from: swill88 on July 18, 2016, 03:06:24 PM

...... after joining AT site a year and a half ago, my focus was on the rod and reel.

same thing happens to me every time I watch  "river monsters" with Jeremy wade.

-- my wife says, wow, look at that big fish he caught !!
and I say, look at that nice bend on the rod, like the action on it, wondering brand and which model would be, or, cool that reel is a new penn fathom 25n, etc, etc

The Baja Guy

Rancanfish

I remember going on a family camping trip to, I think, PineCrest Lake here in CA.  I was a young man of about 20 or so.  I went out on a raft, taking turns snorkeling with a friend, and diving to see what we could see.

But darn if every time I started down I didn't hear..............'baadump', 'badump'.  Completely unnerved me.  I seriously gave up and went back to shore.  Yes, I knew I was in freshwater.   ::)
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

thorhammer

and you started hunting a 16/0, dint you? :)