Main Menu

Jaws

Started by swill88, July 18, 2016, 03:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiddlerbasher

ez2cdave

Quote from: foakes on August 15, 2016, 02:44:03 PM
Quote from: thorhammer on July 19, 2016, 12:59:46 AM
If you don't get stirred up when that 118 clicker trips and old George straps up in the chair, go on and find yourself another board to hang out on......

Sometimes, at outdoor shows, when running a booth -- and people are not stopping by like I wish -- they are just strolling by because there is so much to look at all of the tables --

...I have been known to set up a large rod and a large Senator reel to a special spring bracket  -- along with a heavy duty line winder machine.

I set the drag so that it will put a serious arc in the rod as the tip and backbone bounces South aggresively -- then the clicker is set to audible.

I just sit close by and operate the foot pedal...

The combination of HD clicker & rod arcing down to "fish-on" in their peripheral vision -- never fails to raise the interest and activity -- immediately and instantly.

The Primal senses of a fisherman are stirred every time --

A group of "looky-loos" can be turned back at up to 20 yards past the booth --

Sort of like calling in a flock of high flying ducks with a well placed set of feeding and quacking calls.

When it is slow -- you might as well have a little fun!

Best,

Fred

Fred,

PLEASE tell me that you have a VIDEO of that ! ! !

Tight LInes !

ez2cdave

conchydong

While we all love Jaws. The film that actually got my blood flowing with GWs was the documentary film called "Blue water White Death". I think it came out in the early 70's. Of course it is not as advanced as some of the documentaries filmed today but it was good stuff for back then.

nelz

Quote from: foakes on July 20, 2016, 08:12:02 PM
And have you noticed how a lifetime of experience allows even an elderly fisherman to change out a fly, while on the water -- expertly -- with shaking hands?...

What a great line! Haven't seen the movie, but you bet it's on my list now. Reminds me of when I forget my caplight when I go night fishing, and have to tie knots in the dark.

Shark Hunter

Sal,
You need to come up with that pic or I'm going to own it. ;)
Life is Good!

Nasty Wendy

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 20, 2016, 09:48:58 AM
Daron, one time when I was watching that movie, I decided to strap on my vintage vest and a similar rod and reel. My wife looked at me and said oh boy, daddy lost it kids ;D.
They did love it when my clicker was going off at the same time as Quint...good sound effects ;D
I had a pic, but can't find it. that might be a good thing :)

Wow.  Sounds like somebody knows how to live right. ;D  The world needs more good, clean, wholesome ways to have fun, enjoy themselves, and make folks smile.

Hi I'm Clay.
Lets raise our children to be Super Fishermen not Superficial men and women.

The more I interact with people the more I like my dog.

Shark Hunter

I'm just kidding, but I could try.
Sal has an amazing collection of Fenwick Rods.
Life is Good!

Nasty Wendy

This sounds like a killer idea for a funny as heck contest.

Video yourself reenacting that scene while its playing on the television. ;D
Hi I'm Clay.
Lets raise our children to be Super Fishermen not Superficial men and women.

The more I interact with people the more I like my dog.

Alto Mare

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, I cannot find that pic :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Okay, Sal, you can make up for it with a 1970's, hairy-chest exposed, donning your speedo off the Amalfi Coast photo and then we'll be squared away. :-*
Dom

ez2cdave

Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women !

twotone

(Crush it like Quint) Narragansett Brewing Co Providence R.I''

twotone

Shark Hunter

Time to make another one Sal.
No time like the present to lose the kids. ;)
Life is Good!

FatTuna

I've loved that movie ever since I was a kid. I still love it just as much now. Never gets old.