Flamboyant Delmar 285 Gets A Makeover

Started by mo65, August 01, 2016, 06:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

The red crank knob pulls out the red flecks in the plates --

Plus the SS spool ties in well with the chrome and shiny parts -- plus makes this reel more capable.

Great eye & exceptional job.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Quote from: Steve-O on August 01, 2016, 07:22:55 PM
in the most laid back surfer hippy accent - " duuude, I'm really digging those hip side plates, man.  They remind me of a trip I once took,man, on the way to a Jefferson Airplane concert." 8)
Right on man.  I need somebody to love.  Signed the White Rabbit  :-*
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mo65

Thanks for all the compliments folks! I'm really happy with the way this reel turned out. I learned many things while noodling with it. Members' input here helped a lot.  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

mizmo67

Quotein the most laid back surfer hippy accent - " duuude, I'm really digging those hip side plates, man.  They remind me of a trip I once took,man, on the way to a Jefferson Airplane concert." Cool

LOL You guys are gonna kill me one day...I eat while I read some of these. I choked on that one :)

~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

David Hall

mo65

I've been sorting through PB pics...found these shots of the plates to this reel. Figured they belong with this thread. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

TongassFisher

Mo, so cool, how in the heck do you find those colored reels. I search eBay somewhat often and all I ever see are the penn 26 reels in green for over $100.

I would love to score a colored penn!

Beautiful!

Alto Mare

Nice Mo! You're getting good at finding treasures... good for you bad for us :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Army_of_One

That's an amazing transformation!  Maybe Daron could hook it up with a display case.  ;D
Another day in Paradise!

Marcq

Decker

steelfish

somehow I missed this in the beginning, but amigo thats a pretty unique and beautiful reel
The Baja Guy

Eddie K

The side plates on that reel are gorgeous.