Some of Us Have These -- Whether We Admit It -- Or Not

Started by foakes, August 08, 2016, 04:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

On the way home from Church today, wife sez:

Since you installed ceiling fans in nearly every room in the house, can you install one in the guest room?

Sure, Honey...glad to --

Picked one up at Home Depot on the way home --

Figured that I might as well install new duplex receptacles, a new switch, new plates, make sure everything is grounded while I am at it.  So guests can use their electronic devices safely.

I keep a little yellow toolbox handy for just electical jobs like this --

Just basic stuff -- but it all works together.

Have one for plumbing also.

Yesterday, I cleaned up this handy old Speedex wire stripper from about 1947.

It was not retracting properly after stripping the insulation -- soaked it in penetrating oil, removed the rust, disassembled into 24 pieces -- found the issue -- fixed it -- and it works great as new on 8-10-12-14-16-18-20 guage wire.  Appears to be made out of German Silver, or maybe some sort of nickel/steel alloy.  Made in Rockford,  Illinois.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Cool tool! Don't you ever relax Fred? My wife doesn't bother me on Sundays :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

foakes

Honey-Do...Done.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

conchydong

When you are married the chores never stop. When you are retired and married it gets worse. Alan will soon find out. Anyway, those wire strippers look awesome. Can't say I gave ever seen a pair  like that. Love the old  tool thread.

MarkT

What are lineman pliers good for? I have at least one set that I've never used.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

David Hall

Quote from: MarkT on August 15, 2016, 01:51:49 AM

cutting, pinching twisting wire and pulling staples.

Alto Mare

Quote from: MarkT on August 15, 2016, 01:51:49 AM
Nice pliers! found a set that was loaded with rust a couple of years back, I could barely tell but they were craftsman.
I went to Sears and asked for a new set, the salesman told me to clean them, he wasn't going to replace them. I asked to speak to his manager, he walked away and quickly came back with a new set. :)
I still have those and use them often.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.