this is why i like having a winder

Started by alantani, August 20, 2016, 03:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Maybe a little old fashioned, but I have been using 80lb dacron to fill the reel as necessary, threading either braid or mono into the dacron and a top shot if needed. Of course the spool gets a little grease and tape, but has worked for me.....but as stated above, to each his own......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

boon

What do you guys think of wet vs dry spooling of braid? I was spooling a SL30SH with 40lb Sufix in a length that should have fit no problem, ran out of room, spun it all back off and re-spooled it while running the braid through a damp cloth, got it all on there no worries.

Rancanfish

Hmm, never heard of that.  Alan would know the answer.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Bryan Young

It shouldn't make a difference. Quite possible that you applied a little more pressure to the braid packing it tighter.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tiddlerbasher

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 17, 2016, 05:22:35 AM
It shouldn't make a difference. Quite possible that you applied a little more pressure to the braid packing it tighter.
x2

Aside from reducing friction in a manual setup it should make no difference  :-\

alantani

Would've thought it would make a difference.  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

nelz

Moist braid packs tighter because air gaps are squeezed out.

Fish-aholic

The only reason I see fit for soddening braid- or running braid through a sodden cloth (for manual winding), is to minimise friction upon bare flesh. Nothing more.

Tension really is chief as far as spooling braid is concerned.  ;)

Steve