WillFish Frame for TLD 50II LRSA

Started by ohfishalee, March 22, 2011, 04:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohfishalee

I have seen these mentioned but cannot find a website. Does one exist for these frames? Are they still being made?

alantani

no website but they still have 50 frames. 

Will Fish Tackle
(530) 887-0839
11944 Masters Ct
Auburn, CA 95603
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ohfishalee

Did you have a rebuild posted already?

alantani

not on this one, but it is very similar to the tld 20/30 II.

ohfishalee

thanks....do they have an email address that you know of? again thanks for this wonderful site!!!

alantani

no website.  you have to call them.  sorry.  alan

Ukfishman

Hi,

Can you still get hold of these frames for tld50 ? Anyone know a rough idea on price. If I do a google search You get Tiburon site.

conchydong

Quote from: Ukfishman on December 30, 2015, 12:32:47 PM
Hi,

Can you still get hold of these frames for tld50 ? Anyone know a rough idea on price. If I do a google search You get Tiburon site.

I would call the kind folks at Willfish Tackle at the number that Alan listed. They just might have a couple laying around, you never know.

Ukfishman

Looks like I may have to, I am in England and wondered if they have an email address yet as a good few years have past since this thread started.

conchydong

They do not have a e-mail address nor website unless they have recently changed. They are still a bit "old fashioned" but super nice people. I purchased a 50 size frame from them about 5-6 years ago or so. Good product.

Ukfishman

Quote from: conchydong on December 30, 2015, 02:12:20 PM
They do not have a e-mail address nor website unless they have recently changed. They are still a bit "old fashioned" but super nice people. I purchased a 50 size frame from them about 5-6 years ago or so. Good product.

What amount of drag do you find its good for now ? I picked this reel up discounted at a closing down sale ex display without knowing much about them. Have since read there have been many fails with 25lb of drag got me a little worried, and now think it may not have been the right buy.

Bryan Young

25# of drag is a bit much for that reel considering the graphite composite frame and side plate.  I personally would not push that reel more than 20# of drag.  With the WillFish frame, it's possible to achieve 25# of drag safely, but you still have to contend with the graphite composite side plate which scares me a bit because the anti-reverse pawl is held on with a pin that is pressed into the graphite composite side plate.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

conchydong

Bryan, unlike the 20 and 30, the sideplates on the Willfish 50's are aluminum. The left side plate and frame are one solid piece. I only fish 80 on it but I have heard of some Long Rangers fishing up to 130.

Bryan Young

Hi ConchyDong,

As I recall, and I'm probably wrong, but I though the right sideplate from the TLD, and therefore, is still graphite composite.  My fear is with the AR Pawl pin in the graphite composite side plate breaking then the handle goes knuckle buster.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

conchydong

Quote from: Bryan Young on December 30, 2015, 07:22:59 PM
Hi ConchyDong,

As I recall, and I'm probably wrong, but I though the right sideplate from the TLD, and therefore, is still graphite composite.  My fear is with the AR Pawl pin in the graphite composite side plate breaking then the handle goes knuckle buster.

Bryan, the 50 is the unique as they cast* an aluminum right side plate. It is the only one that has this feature.

* it could be machined, I am not sure of that
Scott