Big Smallies on Woodcock

Started by mo65, August 31, 2016, 08:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

I have a boat load of videos on my YouTube channel...here's one with some fine smallmouth bass fishing. 8)

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Tightlines667

Pretty sweet!

Gotta love them smallness.

I kinda want to try catching some on an old Pflueger Supreme, knuckbuster.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Newell Nut

mo65

Quote from: Tightlines666 on August 31, 2016, 09:56:16 PM
I kinda want to try catching some on an old Pflueger Supreme, knucklebuster.

That reel will surprise you...it casts pretty good with 15lb. mono. I've fished this one a few times.

STRIPER LOU

Very nice Mo! I love catching those things. We don't have a ton of them around here but there are a few places where they can be caught early evening in the shallows on Pond Shiners.
Like eatin em too!
................................Lou

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Big Tim

MO...Nice smallie, but the garage jam video  ;D ;D ;D Diggn' the Marshall stack.

BT

mo65

Quote from: Big Tim on September 01, 2016, 12:36:10 AM
MO...Nice smallie, but the garage jam video  ;D ;D ;D Diggn' the Marshall stack.

BT

I've been modding those old tube amps a lot longer than reels. That JCM 800 has been changed to EL 34 power tubes instead of the stock 6550s. Gives it a "browner" tone similar to Van Halen's. Has a few pre-amp tweeks too! 8)

Big Tim

Quote from: mo65 on September 01, 2016, 01:45:37 AM
Quote from: Big Tim on September 01, 2016, 12:36:10 AM

BT

I've been modding those old tube amps a lot longer than reels. That JCM 800 has been changed to EL 34 power tubes instead of the stock 6550s. Gives it a "browner" tone similar to Van Halen's. Has a few pre-amp tweeks too! 8)

SIC...I had a nice 200 watt when I was a kid...Wish I still that one  ;D

BT