Calais 201A screw hard to get at, need help to find the right tool.

Started by lpquick, March 24, 2011, 07:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lpquick

I just did a drag upgrade using Carbontex from Smoothdrag. I ended up stripping the screw because I have no knowledge of a screw driver long enough and thin enough to accomplish this task:

Any suggestions, also looking to purchase a few replacement screws for this reel.
Thanks!

Nessie Hunter

With the rght side cover off there should be an access port (hole) to get a driver through to that screw.

If it is stripped so bad that the correct driver is useless at this point, you have no choice but to use a Easy out tool, drill it out or cut off head of screw.  
Hope you can get the shaft,,,, out and replace!!
But its in a pretty hard place to get to!!!!

Ordering screws is done by Schematic at Shimano site, and a phone call to 877-577-0600
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

lpquick

There is and your right except I don't own nor could I find a philips head screw driver with a long enough and thin enough shaft to reach. I pressured a screw driver from the open area below.

alantani

yeah, most local hardware stores have these long screwdrivers.  gotta get one!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!