Shimano parts - US vs Europe - any difference in what you can get hold of?

Started by Jon_Kol, September 16, 2016, 09:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon_Kol

Just wanted to ask you guys in the US if Shimano's stock of spare parts is the same as it is here in Europe? Can you get hold of mostly everything you need, or are there parts to certain reels that you have trouble getting hold of?

The reason that I'm asking, is that I've read a few threads here that seem to indicate that it varies a bit when it comes to parts that you can get hold of?

I could be mistaking, but I wanted to ask to be sure - as the stock of Shimano parts here in Norway is the biggest stock of spare parts in all of Europe, and I'd be happy to help people abroad  if they need me to check for certain spare parts for them. I deal with the service branch of Shimano here several times every month, and I've yet to experience that they don't have a part in stock, actually.

So if you're looking for a hard-to-find Shimano part, feel free to contact me and I'll see if I can help you through my contact here. It doesn't cost much to ship a small part or two overseas, I'd be happy to help if needed.

Cor

I live in South Africa and it is very frustrating to source some parts for less popular reels.   I tend to order in the UK because it is convenient and understand they get them from Holland but they don't want to ship outside the UK.   Luckily my daughter lives there do they ship to her address.
Cornelis

Zimbass

Most of the parts that I need for current model reels are available from the Shimano agents in South Africa. Older model stuff has to come from the US, and with shipping and customs they become prohibitively expensive !

Might take you up on your kind offer one day.

Thanks Jon.

Terry.

Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

CauBoi

@jon_kol Hi I'm new and I'm  from Italy, I have some spinning 2500 - 3000 shimano reels to rebuild, have you information about eu parts (like bearings) availability? we here have a very closed market without any online shop with shimano specific reels part, I found something only oversea in USA market.

Cor

Hi CauBoi, you can try the Shimano Europe site for parts.   Top right you can even select Italy which I think you have to do as they don't sell outside their region as far as I understand.
http://fish.shimano-eu.com/content/eu/it_it/Home.html

I have purchased parts from their UK branch and then receive it via my Daughter who lives in London.
Cornelis

Keta

Most of the time Shimano USA has the parts but I have had some backordered.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

CauBoi

tomorrow i'll phone to shimano italy with good amount of patience:)

Cor

Quote from: CauBoi on March 08, 2017, 08:37:20 PM
tomorrow i'll phone to shimano italy with good amount of patience:)
;D ;D ;D ;D
My experience of guys that work in tackle is that they really only want to go fishing and dont want to work at all.

I know its an unfair generic statement but really is my experience!

Cornelis

Pro Reel

Sure wish I could get a stock of drive gears and pinion gears for any of the D model curado and citica reels. Also would love to get a bunch of BNT2405 pinions.