Go Get 'Em, Mark T!

Started by Aiala, September 24, 2016, 04:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Wishing you good luck on your Phenix 10-day aboard EXCEL... Prospects are excellent, POLARIS SUPREME was down below last week and apparently the wahoo fishing was about as outstanding as it gets (although they did advise to bring some extra Marauders because the sharks were eating them.)  :o

In any event, I hope you score big-time... but please, Mark, leave some for Mike Pate and me to catch in December!   ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

MarkT

Thanks!  My car is loaded up and I'm heading to San Diego in a little while.  I'm hoping for a good score on the Wahoo.  The numbers have been looking good lately.  I'll be dragging a Cow Bell for my trolling rotation.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Rancanfish

Drive careful first, then knock 'em dead Mark!
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Aiala

Quote from: MarkT on September 24, 2016, 07:10:10 PM
Thanks!  My car is loaded up and I'm heading to San Diego in a little while.  I'm hoping for a good score on the Wahoo.  The numbers have been looking good lately.  I'll be dragging a Cow Bell for my trolling rotation.

Wow, pretty pricey, those Cowbells... I've never seen one before. What size/color will you be using?  :)

~A~

johndtuttle

MarkT

Quote from: Aiala on September 24, 2016, 07:43:56 PM
Quote from: MarkT on September 24, 2016, 07:10:10 PM
Thanks!  My car is loaded up and I'm heading to San Diego in a little while.  I'm hoping for a good score on the Wahoo.  The numbers have been looking good lately.  I'll be dragging a Cow Bell for my trolling rotation.

Wow, pretty pricey, those Cowbells... I've never seen one before. What size/color will you be using?  :)

~A~

I got it for a Christmas present.  It's a 32 oz that's purple.

Alto Mare

Good luck out there Mark. Take some shots for us.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Aiala

Quote from: MarkT on September 24, 2016, 08:07:17 PM
I got it for a Christmas present.  It's a 32 oz that's purple.

Cool... depending on how well it works for you, I may have to grab one for my trip.  ;)

~A~

Dominick

Cowbells???? I never heard of them.  I had to google them and now see what they look like.  It looks like a giant Mepps.  Do you put a hook on the rig or is it just to stimulate?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rancanfish

I'm glad you didn't know either Dom,  I was wondering.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

MarkT

They're by Ballyhood. It comes fully rigged with a cable leader and a hook. I was wrong about the color, it's orange and black. Wow, they sticker at $80! I didn't know they were that expensive. My son works at a tackle store so he paid a lot less than that.

I'm sitting here at the Vagabond watching the Stanford/UCLA game.

The Excel is heading home and is currently a little north of Colonet. They're behind the Independence and the Intrepid. www.marinetraffic.com is a wonderful thing! The SoA is southwest of Cedros, probably headed for the Alijos Rocks.

stoked4fishin

I'm sure you'll have a great trip Mark!  I'm heading out on the SOA for an 8 day with Alan and Tim Dang on 10/6.  Hopefully the wahoo are still around and biting!

MarkT

Thanks, Jeff. It seems like the Wahoo have been on lately.  Hopefully will still be the case next week.. and a couple weeks out for you guys.

MarkT

We spent 2 days driving to the rocks and arrived today about 10:30. Typical Wahoo fishing for me, meaning frustrating. I only landed one out of many hooked. I think we got about 70 today which put us above all the other boats. We'll be the only boat here at the rocks tomorrow and I'm hoping to have a better day. Good days have followed bad for me on prior trips. Weather had been great wth no storm influences. The cow bell got hit three times but none stuck. I sharpened the hook and will try again tomorrow. It did get hit more than Marauders.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!