Go Get 'Em, Mark T!

Started by Aiala, September 24, 2016, 04:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

You'll get 'em, Mark... hang tough!   8)

Are you throwing bait, bombs, or jigs? 

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

MarkT

Today was a better day. I got 6 Wahoo. One on the troll, 2 on bait, 2 on bombs, one on a Raider. I got the troll fish on the Cow Bell. It always gets at least a short bite! I lost plenty too on biteoffs and hits but not sticks.  We're now heading in to the Ridge and should arrive at 1pm for the afternoon schoolie YFT bite.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

MarkT

I got one today on the cowbell that's probably 50#+. I got 3 more on the pink bombs. One of those is 50#+ too. I have 11 for the trip! Even the captain was saying I've set bar pretty high for next time. I've almost forgotten about that first day at the rocks.i may need a bigger freezer!

Aiala

Quote from: MarkT on September 30, 2016, 08:29:06 PM
I got one today on the cowbell that's probably 50#+.

Wow, that's a fat skinny!  ;D   You're going to be eating 'hoo for months and months...

Meanwhile, have you had any luck with YFTs, Dodos and/or YTs? And has anyone tried for pargo or grouper? I'm really hoping for a chance at those bottom guys when I go in December.

Keep up the good work!  :D

~A~

David Hall

MarkT

We're currently heading down to the Thetis bank to anchor for the night. We'll be able to dropper loop for YT and Pargo.  I got 6 YFT and will probably give most away.  It was wide open on the YFT for most of the afternoon. The Independence was anchored near us.

El Pescador

MarkT!

Please provide all you know after your day at Thetis Bank!  Please.

I'll be fishing the same location first week of Nov. when we leave Puerto San Carlos, Magdalena Bay.

Thank you.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

MarkT

We got to the Thetis bank late in the day on Friday and anchored for the night. I got a couple of small YFT after dinner in the dark. Saturday morning in the gray light was totally wide open on the Wahoo for 20 minutes. I got 3. I've never seen anything like that. Cast a bomb, get bit, it gets spit, keep cranking and you're bit again, spit again, crank some more and stick one. This happened several times. There was a huge Wolfpack of them. Just unbelievable! After the bite died we pulled anchor and headed back up the Ridge.

Not that it means anything for the future but chrome and pink bombs were the ones to have on the Ridge. Probably get bit 5:1 over anything else. Blue and pink ruled at the Rocks. Different day, different ocean.

I got 4 Olive Grouper this morning. I kept 2, one of which was 25#. Some big YT came over the side too.

Dominick

Wayne I have a couple of Bomboys if you are targeting wahoo.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

Fourteen 'hoos...!!   :o  Incredible... Even being conservative, that's got to add up to 150+ pounds of filets!  :D

What brand bombs did you use?

Nice job on the groupies... did anyone get any pargo?

~A~

Steve-O

Wow! Sounds like wide open on the Wahoo. I would have adrenaline overload if I got bit, spit, bit, spit and finally stuck one.

A new freezer definitely sounds like a reality about to happen. I had to do a whole lot of shuffling when I cam home from Alaska recently with 3 50# boxes of salmon. Hello sushi, nigiri, sashimi, fish tacos, salmon salad...and of course sharing with friends.

Hope you have a safe trip home.

Thanks for sharing....and let's see some pics. Would love to see nice shots of the Olive Grouper.

stoked4fishin

WTG Mark!
Definitely post pics when you get back man.  Hope the weather and fishing holds up for us!
See ya!

Aiala

Mark the MAN!!;)  :D  ;D

~A~

Steve-O

what a beast!! :o

The fish looks nice, too. ;)

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.