704Z Bushing removal

Started by Bgsdad, March 27, 2011, 06:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bgsdad

I'm rebuilding a 704Z. How do you remove the bushings (part # 2-704) ? They really don't look bad but I did buy new ones.

alantani

i checked the schematic.  https://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/704z.pdf  it looks like they're pressed in, which means that they have to be pressed out.  you might just want to leave them if you can still service the remainder of the reel.....  

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nessie Hunter

2-704 is a bushing for handle... 

You would probably not even know if you put a bearing it that spot??

From the looks of it, might be hard to get a good fit from a bearing also, no edge stop...

Do the bearings you bought look like the Bushings in Schematic?? Or did you get new Bushings!!

What I see, would indicate they have to be tapped or pressed out from inside the frame...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Bgsdad

Thanks, I don't think they will be worth the bother of pressing out. I'll leave them alone