The list for Sunday Nov. 6 on the Endeavor for AT family with Justin

Started by Big Tim, October 08, 2016, 09:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Ron Jones

I got a 9ft Plano case for Christmas, We're bringing our rods and reels. I'm guessing hex bars are similar to pipe jigs? I know that game well. Alison's favorite fish to eat!
Thanks brothers.
Nothing better than knowing you have family that has your back.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

swill88

I'ts about a 4.5 hr drive or so from Travis to Cayucos... fyi

Steve

Big Tim

Quote from: noyb72 on October 09, 2016, 02:52:31 AM
I got a 9ft Plano case for Christmas, We're bringing our rods and reels. I'm guessing hex bars are similar to pipe jigs? I know that game well. Alison's favorite fish to eat!
Thanks brothers.
Nothing better than knowing you have family that has your back.
Ron

This means your in ?  ;D I know, Alan is in Mexico fishing and we're invading his home  ;D Kinda cool isn't? Don't worry I know Mom and Dad and I wouldn't step on any toes no matter what. We wont't tread on any paths not allowed. Alan has last word.

BT

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

I'm so sorry I cannot make it. My daughter's birthday is on the 5th and we are having a sleepover.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

Leave chit submitted and initial approval obtained. I'll know for sure by the end of the week.
Ron
Ronald Jones
"

Big Tim

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

mikeysm

Now that i have my spot what is the recomended gear to bring.

Mike

Porthos

Quote from: mikeysm on October 17, 2016, 12:08:12 PM
Now that i have my spot what is the recomended gear to bring.

Mike

If the 9/19 trip was an indicator, 25, 30, and 40 lb setups should cover the bases.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=19201.60

Tim should be able to show you how to tie Alan's hitchhiker rig with your J or circle hook of choice and a treble.

Big Tim

I mostly fish 30# for jigs & shrimp flies...25# on my spinner...The boat will have cut Squid for shrimp flies & Alan swears by whole Squid on shrimp flies & he makes a real nice trap rig that I'm sure he has several that he'll bring...I fish mostly Jigs and swimbaits in the 6oz. and up. At 240' deep anything lighter will take forever to get down and depending on current easy tangles...12oz.-16oz. lead ball for shrimp fly rigs work best. Alan kicks butt with his trap rig and a small olive rock fish and his whole squid method. I have forgotten how to fish lately so I entered into a tournament this Saturday that is jigs and swimbaits only(no live or frozen bait). Hopefully I can get my MoJo back and compete for the $1000.00 first place prize  ;D

Tim

Ron Jones

Sorry guys,
Just got leave approved, we booked a rental and the boat is full. Thanks everyone for the offers of assistance. We'll see you all on the 18 trip if nothing else.
Ron
Ronald Jones
"

mikeysm

theswimmer

Quote from: mikeysm on October 24, 2016, 02:04:30 AM
Is there room at Alans for one more person.

Mike

Unless it's raining I'll be sleeping outside if that helps.
Best
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn