Fishing Tournament this Saturday in Morro Bay-2 spots left- Read first post

Started by Big Tim, October 17, 2016, 08:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

I will be slinging lead in Morro Bay this Saturday on the Phenix...No live or frozen bait allowed...Jigs and Swim Baits only...$1000.00 to the Heaviest 3 Lings an another $200.00 to the biggest fish overall...Sorry Alan, no trap rigs on this one  ;D

2 spots left

Big Tim

And I ordered up a good weather report to  ;D
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Morro+Bay+CA+USCA0733:1:US

Ok the weather was good..the boat is a bit skinny...The young Capt. is one hell of a Skipper...I haven't fished like this in years  :o ... 12 hours of tossin' jigs and swim baits 8 oz. to 14 oz., workin' them and reeelin' them in only to toss them back again...Man I hurt  ;D I did well..The format was you weigh in your 3 biggest ling cod fish and the winner get's $1000.000...I was in the running right till the end and then a young man to my right dropped 2 in a row on the deck in the last hour  :-[ ... He needs the money more than I do...We worked 160' to 220' in depth and did not pull the party boat crap of pull em up every 5 minutes...We worked his spots..I fell 4 pounds +/- shy of the $1000.00 prize, but wouldn't have gotten the big fish $200.00 as the kid got it all. I had a stellar 10 rockfish bag as well  ;D

BT (sorry for the lack of pics..I left the camera home)

Here is my weigh in:

Here is one of the ones I kept...I got 9 total, tossed 6 back.

Some of the carnage

David Hall

Find the biggest glo grub you can find on a 16oz head. 

theswimmer

Good luck Timmy!
We are headed to Edison for the Monster Brown Fall Roundup !
Last year big fish was a 26 inch 😍
Weather calls for snow Sat😎
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

swill88

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

tim, i spoke to my brother and he may or may not go, but the cayucos house is open for you.  i have marching band duty and i may be able to wiggle out of it again. i'll know really quick.  a corner spot for casting would be good. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on October 18, 2016, 05:05:08 PM
tim, i spoke to my brother and he may or may not go, but the cayucos house is open for you.  i have marching band duty and i may be able to wiggle out of it again. i'll know really quick.  a corner spot for casting would be good. 

Thanks for the House...Now let's go throw some iron  ;D

Tim

theswimmer

Alan , you did read " No live OR frozen bait." ?  😇
Best,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

Quote from: theswimmer on October 19, 2016, 02:11:49 AM

Alan , you did read " No live OR frozen bait." ?  😇
Best,
JT

I'm sure Alan can sling iron??? At least BS  ;D... Next time we see him and ask about this weekend I hope he doesn't start with "One Time at Band Camp"... ;D...Better stop there.

BT

Big Tim

BOAT AND TOURNAMENT IS FULL... I have a special request for Alan and it's a slight maybe  >:( 

BT

alantani

naw, better this way.  i really should be there to help these guys out.  tim, you know where the key is.  ed is likely not coming down.  mom and dad will be there on sunday.  good luck!!!!!

Big Tim

They're Here  ;D Weapons of Mass Destruction have arrived ... I missed out on a couple of other Jigs because the guy was sick and couldn't ship in time for Saturday, but these guys showed today.

8oz. Blade Runner Squid Jigs...On the 4oz. model I have caught ...Halibut - WSB - Yellowtail - Calico - Rock & Lingcod...These are for the big guys I hope  ;D

BT

Notice the Giant's Black & Orange!

alantani

just talked to mom and she know's you'll be there.  had lunch with ed and he know's as well.  ed will likely not make it, mom and dad will be there sunday afternoon.  poor dad has to drive three old ladies.  have a great time and good luck with the tournament!  hey, maybe take the wife?   ;D

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on October 20, 2016, 05:26:12 PM
just talked to mom and she know's you'll be there.  had lunch with ed and he know's as well.  ed will likely not make it, mom and dad will be there sunday afternoon.  poor dad has to drive three old ladies.  have a great time and good luck with the tournament!  hey, maybe take the wife?   ;D

Thanks Alan...Your poor dad  :o