Mikes Reel Repair

Started by ohfishalee, April 01, 2011, 09:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohfishalee

Has anyone had any problems with these guys? I sent for some parts and the communications were great. (some of )The parts cannot be stocked from the factory until the end of may so I asked for a refund.................no communications.........................has me wondering

Irish Jigger

Ordered Daiwa parts from them and had to wait six weeks.  I don't think they carry all the parts they advertise,so you just have to be patient. They have probably ordered your parts from the manufacturer and cannot quote delivery.

ohfishalee

It has been a month and I don't wish to wait another 4 weeks. The communications sucks...............but my card has been charged already

whalebreath

I was just talking about this with a friend of mine who left his mint 50's Penn 149 here for me to play with-instead of sending to Mike's which is only an hour drive from my place.

It's a legitimate business but not a particularly well run one-you have to keep on their case/take the dispute to the CC company-the last old Penn I sent in caused a lot of grief for them as I phoned twice a week for updates and called them on their lies.

My persistence resulted in a discount on parts but left a bad taste in my mouth-even more bitter since the late Mike Sr who started the place was such a solid Guy and helped me in so many ways.

Hillbillyman

I bought a so called "yellowtail special " from them a year ago on E Bay ...
When I got the reel I realized they just slapped a kit on there and never changed the gear ratio ...
I even asked them if they changed it over to 4 to 1 before bidding on it and they said yes ...
I sent it back and they gave me the only bad mark I have ever received on my E Bay account ...
Now they have blocked me from purchasing anything from them ...
Good riddance I say , And hooray for guys Like Alan !!!
The more dogs I meet the less people I like ...
Time spend fishing is not subtracted from a persons lifespan ...

alantani

either that or he's gotten himself into the same bind that i'm in.  too many things are happening too fast and you can't keep up.  i came back from vacation to several hundred e-mails, a pile of snail mail, and have been battling russian spammers for the last month.  i'm two weeks behind on getting parts shipped out.  without the help of jim, bryan, roger and jonathan helping me in the garage, and all of the moderators here, things would be a total mess.  um, well, things are already a total mess, but they'd be more of a mess!  anyway, mistakes happen, and communications drops off when you get buried in work.  i hope he is able to work things out.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

multifisher

I agree that Mikes Reel Repair lack's business savvy and Mike himself doesn't seem to care about customers. Sorry Allan but being too busy to deal with paying customers is never a good business strategy. Either get more staff or stop taking on customers. It makes no business sense to take on more customers only to ignor them once they have sent their equipment in for repair.  I sent my Hummingbird unit to him in June and its now October and he sent me the same e-mail he sent responding to me in July.  He is completely disorganized.  His response was to buy a new one which I agreed to do and have been waiting since July for the new unit that was supposed to be coming directly from Humminbird.  I finally gave up waiting and asked Mike to send me back my old unit.  His only response was that he will box it up and it will be ready for pick up.  Thanks Mike for caring so much!  It was my first experience dealing with this guy and will be the last. I would NOT recommend anyone do business at Mikes Reel Repair.

Norcal Pescador

For what it's worth, I've had good luck with Dave's Parts & Service in Holiday, Florida. Decent turn-around time on my Daiwa parts order. I'll use Dave's again.

http://www.fishingreelparts.com/

Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

kamuwela

i have been using scott's since recomended by alan, a real profesional company. all part's have come on time and never a problem yet. give dave or scott's a try. good luck next time
                                                      aloha
                                                      kamu

seaeagle2

Here's another vote for Penn parts / scotts, really fast shippping, excellenct communication.  Just a thought about Mikes, he's in Canada and it does say on his front page that the listings don't reflect actual inventory.  Getting stuff through Canadian customs can be a nightmare.....
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Dominick

Here's my experience with Scott's.  I ordered parts on Monday and received an immediate confirmation that the order was received.  An hour later I received another email saying the parts had been shipped.  Received the parts on Thursday.  From New Jersey to California, that's pretty good service I'd say.  I like doing business with them.  I waited two months for some parts from Mike's.  It seems that some parts are ordered from the mfg after they receive an order.  I have no information that this is true, but I have a pretty good hunch that it is true.   Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

xaf

Probably the last time I'll use Mike's Reel Repair for parts.  As someone else said the communication is good but service is slow.  After a 2 month wait, I was just notified that parts for my Diawa had been received and will be shipped out. >:(

inhotpursuit

I deal with Mikes for 90 % of my parts they are slow but they do get all the parts i need to me eventually, they have thousands of customers worldwide and at times  do need a promt , if you have a problem call the office and ask for shannon she will look after you, dealing with mikes is like fishing you need a little patience

kamuwela

thank you for giving our member's a name to deal with at mike's. everyone has their own favorite place to get part's and everyone has their own opinion's of place's. the original posting was in no way ment to cut down mike's, he just wanted some feed back.                                                aloha
                                                                       kamu

Dominick

Kamu:  No one was bashing.  Everyone just gave their experience and opinion.  Perhaps if Mike's Reel Repair monitors this site, it will get its act together.  I would bet they do monitor the site, so things might change.  Speaking of favorites, I don't particularly have favorites, I usually follow up with the same company if I get good prices and good service.  That's how a business builds loyalty, good service and competative.  I don't mind if I have to pay a little more for speedy service most times.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.