welcome to penn university!!!!!

Started by alantani, November 28, 2016, 04:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tunanorth

Quote from: steelfish on November 28, 2016, 11:57:42 PM
Quote from: Penn on November 28, 2016, 05:10:20 PM
We are here to help with any PENN new product debuts.......
tony

bring us the mini Baja   ;D .. sorry couldnt resist.

welcome aboard senores

Ha-Ha, a long-running theme on west coast forums.
Unfortunately, the sales level of the Baja Special/US Senator remains steady, but does not justify any additions.
Two years ago at ICAST when the US Senators were first shown, I took the opportunity to ask every single person [worldwide attendance] who looked at them what additional sizes should be added to the lineup, and "6/0" was the overwhelming winner in that very un-scientific poll, though that is not likely either.
It is definitely brought up in every product development meeting.

steelfish

Quote from: Tunanorth on November 29, 2016, 01:18:08 AM
Ha-Ha, a long-running theme on west coast forums.
Unfortunately, the sales level of the Baja Special/US Senator remains steady, but does not justify any additions.
Two years ago at ICAST when the US Senators were first shown, I took the opportunity to ask every single person [worldwide attendance] who looked at them what additional sizes should be added to the lineup, and "6/0" was the overwhelming winner in that very un-scientific poll, though that is not likely either.
It is definitely brought up in every product development meeting.

thanks Steve, I knew you were recognize the mini Baja request

I understand that a 6/0 Baja size won over a Baja 3/0 size, being a strong reel you want to fight with the monsters of the deep and you need a bigger reel with the same proven strength, but you cannot deny it would be awesome to have a new smaller product with the classic resemblance of the senator family.

anyway, I will stop here, seeya on the board
The Baja Guy

Tiddlerbasher

Penn

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 28, 2016, 10:28:58 PM
Welcome aboard Tony and Steve, It will be nice having you here.

Tony, I hear you on no after market modifications questions, what do you do in the case of the Baja upgrades?
I'm thinking eventally you won't have much choice, but I might be wrong :-\.
Enjoy your stay gentlemen.

Sal

Sal,

We did see it, the link was sent to our ENG Dept.  Looks very nicely made.

tony

Penn

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. 

tony

Alto Mare

Quote from: Penn on November 29, 2016, 12:54:51 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on November 28, 2016, 10:28:58 PM
Welcome aboard Tony and Steve, It will be nice having you here.

Tony, I hear you on no after market modifications questions, what do you do in the case of the Baja upgrades?
I'm thinking eventally you won't have much choice, but I might be wrong :-\.
Enjoy your stay gentlemen.

Sal

Sal,

We did see it, the link was sent to our ENG Dept.  Looks very nicely made.

tony
Tony, my point exacly, I got you talking on customs  :)

I'm not sure you remember, bu I tried to get Penn on here for the past 3 years. What made you decide to come in now?
It doesn't really matter, I'm just glad you guys are here. :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Penn

Sal,

I have been posting on this forum for the past year, it just gets hard navigating through all the different sub-forums looking for PENN questions I can assist with.  Now you guys can come to me rather than me trying to find you  :)

tony

Alto Mare

Quote from: Penn on November 29, 2016, 03:17:44 PM
Sal,

I have been posting on this forum for the past year.
tony
Yes I know, but now looks like it's getting serious having Steve on as well :).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mley1

Glad to see you have a section in the forum here at AlanTani Tony. I'll definitely keep an eye out for useful info. I read a lot of your info over on Stripersonline where you have a section in the forums. I'm a rookie and novice at reel repair and modifications, but most of these guys over here are amazing. The innovations they come up with for Penn reels are fantastic. I've learned a ton since participating here. I hope to learn a ton more. Thanks for taking time to participate here. It's a comforting feeling to know if you have a problem with a Penn you can go straight to a guy who's in the know, and can get things done cause he works there. Thanks again for being here!
Good luck fishing,

Marty

Decker

Tony, thanks for the quick turnaround on the CNC gear upgrade on my SSV4500.  Came just in time for my Thanksgiving Day fall striper run excursion...  Now cows yet, but the 4500 handled a bunch of overstuffed schoolies quite well!

Penn

Thanks for the kind words guys.  We are here to help.  The posts on SOL will continue as well.

tony

ez2cdave

Quote from: swill88 on November 29, 2016, 01:16:37 AM

Welcome Penn Guys!

I'm in the front row with my notepad and my mouth shut (uhh... some of the time  ::))

I love Penn products.

Steve

I love "USA-made" Penn products . . . However, the "Chinese-made" products, not so much !!!

Tight Lines !

foakes

So far, I have not seen an issue with any of the Chinese manufactured Penns I have purchased.

I am referring to 209's and Jigmasters primarily -- that I work on and routinely strip down for parts.

Most parts interchange just fine -- and in some cases, a few of the parts are of higher quality material than their US made counterparts.

When a company like Penn, Apple, Ridgid, etc. -- decide to manufacture products overseas -- they would be committing corporate suicide by lessening the quality of their products.

This is what I have found to be true with successful companies -- not necessarily true with knock-off firms -- or firms just in it for the fast buck.

I am grateful for Penn, also.

Just my opinions...

Best Always,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Reel 224

Quote from: foakes on January 30, 2017, 03:30:45 AM
So far, I have not seen an issue with any of the Chinese manufactured Penns I have purchased.

I am referring to 209's and Jigmasters primarily -- that I work on and routinely strip down for parts.

Most parts interchange just fine -- and in some cases, a few of the parts are of higher quality material than their US made counterparts.

When a company like Penn, Apple, Ridgid, etc. -- decide to manufacture products overseas -- they would be committing corporate suicide by lessening the quality of their products.

This is what I have found to be true with successful companies -- not necessarily true with knock-off firms -- or firms just in it for the fast buck.

I am grateful for Penn, also.

Just my opinions...

Best Always,

Fred

I'm finding it hard to understand why China is producing Penn reels. Is there not a patent on Penn name and design? I personally do not own any Penn reels that were not made in the US. and I would not perchance a Chinese product that I could buy in the US made by US manufactures. But that's me, I'm not telling anyone how to spend there money.

Joe   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

RowdyW

The Penn reels being produced in China are being produced for Penn not on their own. Penn is only "assembling" their higher end reels in the U.S. Most of the parts for Penn reels are produced in China. You are buying more China made items then you realize. Many items are produced in China and assembled or partialy assembled in the U.S. and labeled "Made in the USA". About the only thing that is not made in China is your food, and that comes from S.A., Mexico., and many other foriegn countries. You don't even buy your liquor from a U.S. company. Why not support an American company? The only way to be sure you go USA all the way is to make your own shoes & clothes & raise your own meat & vegetables. Don't drive your car it has foriegn made parts in it. Where was your computer made? Face it your thinking is out in right field.       Rudy