looking for shockproof guides, are Pacbay TW any good?

Started by steelfish, December 02, 2016, 01:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ez2cdave

I found some US PATENT data on the guides . . . ( Atached PDF's below )

Tight Lines !

Newell Nut

Just buy the ones at Mudhole and you will be fine. I have built over a 100 rods with those guides and never a problem. They are very tough and very cheap at the same time.

steelfish

Quote from: Newell Nut on December 29, 2016, 05:04:16 PM
Just buy the ones at Mudhole and you will be fine. I have built over a 100 rods with those guides and never a problem. They are very tough and very cheap at the same time.

this is the kind of direct experience I was looking to find on the current TW guides, thanks Dwight

on a side note I finally finished to restore my friend's fishing rod with the TW guides on it, not my best restoring job to date but I learned a lot of things working on this rod, I didnt knew how hard it was to work with epoxic on a cold winter, I put some on the decorative long trim and guides and it was ugly it was like working with thick honey, I had to use the torch a lot and made a mess at the end dannng%#$%$#$, I was so frustated, I had to take all the epoxic out, then cleaned the best a could and waited 2 days to put another batch of epoxic, this time I had to warm the epoxic prior to mix it, then keep it warm during the process and still had a short pot life comparing to working on it on summer time, anyway, its done, ended up better that I though it would and its drying on a rod shelf to give it to the owner in few days.

I will post some pictures when I came back from a short vacations I will took starting today and for the rest of the weekend, time will tell how long those Pacbay guides will last on a rough panga charter, thanks guys for all your help and input on this topic.
The Baja Guy

steelfish

Quote from: steelfish on December 29, 2016, 05:29:39 PM
I will post some pictures when I came back from a short vacations I will took starting today and for the rest of the weekend, time will tell how long those Pacbay guides will last on a rough panga charter, thanks guys for all your help and input on this topic.

I made a new thread for the restoring job, please check it out its already up and running

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=20240.0

The Baja Guy