Newell Clicker Kits

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 08, 2016, 04:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

I just finished up these Stainless Steel kits for all those Newell lovers out there!
Two sizes, 2-105CC for the 200 series reels, and 3-105CC for 300-600 series reels.
The price on these bad boys wil be $15.00 a set, either size. Tax and shipping included.
They will be up on the website by Friday.

The kit includes the following:
Cortez Conversions Stainless Steel Clicker Button.
Cortez Conversions Stainless Steel Clicker Dog.
Penn Clicker Spring.
Stainless Steel mounting screw.
Teflon washer (optional spacer if needed.)

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

reel man

I had 1,000 clicker buttons made on a C&C, and if I knew you were going to produce the whole assembly I would have sent you as many buttons for your project.  My buttons were for the 300 - 600 series.

That appears to be a Penn clicker spring, or a close copy.  That was one part I was having difficulty finding.

I will be buying 10 - 20 sets from you.

mhc

Hi Tom,
Will either of the button & dog kits fit a penn jigmaster plate? I've only got one newell plate I can check with & I'm not sure of the size, it's either 200 or 300 I think??- the slotted hole for the clicker button on it looks a fair bit wider than the jigmaster slot which makes me think they won't fit, but I thought I'd check with you.
Thanks,
Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

vilters

Hey Tom, thanks for making these available, you are becoming the answer man! ordered a couple, along with a Baja bridge/sleeve assy. vacation time coming up, and plenty of time to geek out on all my new toys!

reel man

Tom, when do you thing you'll get to those bridges?

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: reel man on December 08, 2016, 06:05:03 AM
I had 1,000 clicker buttons made on a C&C, and if I knew you were going to produce the whole assembly I would have sent you as many buttons for your project.  My buttons were for the 300 - 600 series.

That appears to be a Penn clicker spring, or a close copy.  That was one part I was having difficulty finding.

I will be buying 10 - 20 sets from you.

Holy cow, that would have been good to know!
The clicker spring is Penn, I don't see the need to drop 10k into a set of punch dies when Penn has them on the shelf.
Tom
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: reel man on December 11, 2016, 02:58:45 AM
Tom, when do you thing you'll get to those bridges?

I have a fixture drawn up, just trying to find the time!

Cortez_Conversions

So it looks like I need to add another shim to this kit.
The small cap plates seem to be a little skinny. I'm going to cross post this around, but if you need a shim, just holler
with your mailing address and I'll drop it in the mail.
Tom

vilters

good hard rain today. so time to work on reels. installing this kit on a 533 and needed more shim between tongue and sideplate. I found that a plastic spool bearing shim from a newell worked perfectly. great kits Tom.

Cortez_Conversions

The 3-105CC kits are available again!

reel man

Tom, could you supply me with the thickness of the clicker pawl.

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: reel man on January 28, 2017, 05:21:51 AM
Tom, could you supply me with the thickness of the clicker pawl.

I cut them .070 +/-.002"

Yogi_fish808

Just in case you guys didn't already hear, Tom's got his awesome SS buttons in black oxide now too! Installed them on my pair of G440's and was very happy with how they look. Top notch as with anything he makes.

Aloha,
Kyle