Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamachi, pennwoodsman, broadway, ST.NicksCobia (+ 1 Hidden) and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Tiddlerbasher

Hi John and Dave - Welcome from the UK - Chris.

MolBasser

Hello all!

My name is Chris "MolBasser" Baugh.  The handle is a mix of molecular biologist and bass fisherman.  I primarily fish fresh water because I get horribly seasick.  I do go out on the ocean though because I love it, and then pay the price.

I started as a float tuber and rent a boater, then moved to a couple kayaks, and now, I have had to sell my old kayak and back to float tubing and hitching rides where I can.

I found Alan Tani a long time ago and followed his tips and tricks to mod all my reels that I could and now I'm getting back into it.

I brew beer for a living, and if you are ever in Lompoc California stop by Solvang Brewing company and I'll buy you a beer.

Cheers!

MolBasser

Gfish

"Solvang", kinda sounds Scandinavian. Is that the typea beer you brew?  

Wait a min. Isn't that a Danish tourist town somewhere down on Hwy. 101 in CA? Visited it once, many years ago.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

MolBasser

Yes.  Solvang is a Danish tourist town on 101 in central California.

We have a brewpub in Solvang and our production facility is in Lompoc.

MolBasser.

El Pescador

Molbasser!!!

Welcome!!!

Several topics for you.

Since you get seasick, you need to fish with my neighbor, friend and website administrator, Dominick.  Like you, he is a fellow "Chow Blower"!!!!   I think that is greek for those who get sick out at sea ;D

Morro Bay, you are NOT that far from there, and Alan and a wild bunch of us get together at MB several times a year for Rockfish & Ling Cod.  Next scheduled trip is Sept. 21 - Big Tim has all the stats on that trip.

Beer Making - I too am a home brewer.  In Fact, I have a 5-gallon carboy 4 feet from me that needs to get bottled this weekend.
My sons and I make a modified version of a Double Hopped West Coast Ale, that we are told could be made commercially and sold.  NAH!!!!  5 gallons at a time is enough for me. 

Do you do any High Sierra trout fishing???  If so, we have a small contingency of small stream trouts guys here as well.

Last thing, Santa Maria is, what, 15 miles from you????   Who makes the BEST Santa Maria Tri-Tip Beef in the area?????  If you have RECON on this - post it, please.

Any who, stay on this site, it will be time well spent!!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

MolBasser

I've done my share of wading Sierra streams.  Not much recently.  I have, for the last little bit, concentrated on California resevoirs.  Trying to branch out a bit.  Have a business friend that will get me out to rockfish and kelp paddies so that it good..  Need to hit up the crappie bite which is epic right now.

MolBasser

foakes

Welcome aboard, Chris —

Plenty of freshwater spinner guys on here.

My father-in-law at one time in his career — with the State of California — was the water master for Lake Cachuma.  He also managed and was responsible for water systems throughout the Santa Barbara area.  Had keys for all of the back road gates, including Reagan's ranch.

One of my uncles was a school principal for Sisquoc Union High School back in the 60's — before moving up to Half Moon Bay as their School Superintendent.

I grew up in Santa Maria, Orcutt, and Arroyo Grande.

Now live in the Sierras about halfway between Yosemite and Kings Canyon — at 4400'.

Anything you need, let us know — and post a few pics of your outfits.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

MolBasser

Ha yes my rigs....  I'll post them up tonight.

Molbasser

Tiddlerbasher

Hi Chris - and welcome from the UK, also Chris.

MolBasser

Cheers mate!

Look up my mate Paul Sharman over the pond on your side.

https://paulsharmanoutdoors.com/ 

He is a cool guy.

MolBasser

Donnyboat

Hi Chris, I to get sea sick, I take 2 travel calm tabs about 30 minutes before I go fishing, works good for me, I do a lot of ocean fishing now, welcome from sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

MolBasser

promethazine is what sort of works for me.  its rough.

MolBasser

Benni3

Welcome from Salem Virginia  ;D

Decker

Quote from: MolBasser on April 17, 2018, 04:23:30 PM
promethazine is what sort of works for me.  its rough.

MolBasser

Welcome, Molbasser!  I have never tried promethazine.  Can it be purchased over the counter?   The only thing that has ever worked for me is to blow breakfast and not eat until I get back to the dock :'(

Donnyboat

Yes Joe cut back on breakfast, only a small amount, know grog after evening meal, previous night, the tablets dry you out a lot, so it pays to take plenty of water out to sea with you, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat