Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young, Squiggy, eguinn, PacRat, redfish12, hrgriz, MACflyer, Brendan and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

foakes

Hi Mike —

Welcome aboard!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Welcome Abbadon!

Mike, welcome aboard as well!

You guys will like it here.

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Gobi King

Quote from: Trappermike on May 19, 2019, 05:51:58 PM
Alan, thanks for the add.  I have fished in the Bay Area for 30 plus years and been a Coastsider since the early days.  Was working on some reels yesterday and realized that I don't know as much as I thought I did!!  Hoping to learn more or find someone to do some work for me.

Trappermike
AKA, Mike Shemwell

Welcome from Michigan!
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Crow

Glad to see you !! The more, the merrier !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

David Hall

Quote from: Gobi King on May 20, 2019, 02:34:22 PM
Quote from: Trappermike on May 19, 2019, 05:51:58 PM
Alan, thanks for the add.  I have fished in the Bay Area for 30 plus years and been a Coastsider since the early days.  Was working on some reels yesterday and realized that I don't know as much as I thought I did!!  Hoping to learn more or find someone to do some work for me.

Trappermike
AKA, Mike Shemwell

Welcome from Michigan!

I too am a coastsider  "Long Hall" is my boat and my handle.  Welcome aboard.

happyhooker

Greeting, new members, from Minnesota, USA.

Frank

CharterMaster

Hi I am not sure how to use the website I am a new member. Thank you for adding me Alan. I am looking to have two reels serviced and upgraded if possible. My first reel is Shimano Trinidad TN20 I am looking to upgrade with carbontex drags, a Cal's drag plate, and the mechanical dog and spring that Alan Tani helped develop and whatever else you can recommend for that reel. And my second reel is Avet LX 6/3 2 speed I am not sure if there are any upgrades for this reel if there is I would like to have this reel upgraded as well and if not I would just like it serviced then. Please let me know how to proceed and how much the cost would be. 

alantani

you have an email, thanks!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

happyhooker

Welcome, CharterMaster, to the site, from Minnesota, USA.

Frank

Crow

Welcome aboard !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

bhale1

Welcome CharterMaster...
Brett from Az...stick around for a while, then you will be able to enjoy doing this yourself....never hurts to get help and advice from these experts...ask me how I know😁
Enjoy..
Brett

Benni3

Welcome from Virginia,,,,,,, ;D

mark Hill

Hello everyone, I have been visiting this site a lot lately because I recently acquired a pretty big box of vintage baitcasters and some spinning reels...so you have been (kinda unknowingly) a lot of help! I now have them all cleaned up and ready to go.They were mostly 1920's-1950's reels with a few newer Shimano's thrown in.  I enjoy collecting old reels and always make sure I use each and every one of them that I have in my collection...the reel fun of collecting them.  I really got hooked on fishing from my dad (RIP) and one of my first memories was catching a 36" Pike on one of my very first trips. I have around 100+ reels in my collection right now...and I know that pales in comparison to most of you!  I'm mainly a Bass guy with my heydays being the 1980's-1990's (before I was slowed down by a few health issues) so I really enjoy the reels not much newer than that era. However now i'm really excited about these old direct drive style casting reels and plan on trying them out. Well thats enough rambling for now.....Thanks again. PS I'm in middle Michigan. ;)
"Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, and he will start collecting and refurbishing old reels"

foakes

Welcome aboard, Mark!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crow

Glad to "see" you ! Enjoy yourself....lots of interesting stuff !