Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quang tran, Benni3, Jigtosser, RUSTY OLD COLT, jzumi, Squidh90, Donnyboat and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Donnyboat

Thanks Paul, what makes & model reels are you using, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

pglb

Hi Don,

I use a Shimano Charter Special TR1000 for most of the smaller species previously mentioned. When I get to blue sharks and above would go for the Shimano TLD 15,20.

What species do you target yourself and what's your setup?

Cheers,

Paul

Donnyboat

Thanks Paul, we fish for trawling, Spanish Mackerel  & tuna , the odd Mahi mahi, plus bottom bouncing, Western Australian Dhu fish, blue bone grouper, snapper, black #### cod real name, break sea cod, and quite a few other bottom dwelling fish, & the odd shark, Reels two many, I mostly us,a penn senator black 6/0 & a 9/0, they both look pretty rough but work good with double drags, my wife has a Diawa Tanacom 1000 electric reel, & she doe good with it, then for lighter fish, I brought a ambassador from Alan, it is a 5000C I think, plus a few spinners, I also have been looking out for bargans, so I have a full list of Senators, besides the two I use on the boat, also a 140 squidder, a Penn jigmaster 500S, a Penn 155, a Penn number 85, plus many others including a Penn 49 master mariner, also a couple of Penn 349s, plus several Alvey reels, I brought a Garcia Mitchell 624 last week for AU $20.00,   thats enough for now, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Sharkb8

Hi I am new to this site, I have learnt a lot from you guys and girls thanks. I have been fishing with and collecting penn reels for a while now so it was about time I joined this site

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

happyhooker

Greetings, Sharky, from Minnesota USA.

Frank

Alto Mare

Welcome from Philly!

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Welcome aboard, Sharkbait!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Sharkb8

Thanks for having me on board sharkb8 from South Australia

Brewcrafter

Welcome from the SoCal Inland Empire!

AC49

Welcome Sharkb8 from Cape Town South Africa  8)

Regards
AC49