Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batomba, Brewcrafter, Benni3, OhReely, Taily, Hardy Boy, nanz, hrgriz, Milan S, circlehook and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Gfish

Santa Cruz, cool Capt. Ray. What's the name a your vessel, perhaps when I go back to the Grey Area next Summer, I could book a trip with you. I'mina guess that if you bottom fish, you have a slew of Long Beach 60's and maybe some 65's.

Greetings Jo. If you ever move here, add a "-Bob" to your first name and liberaly use the word: "ain't" and the term "and stuff" like in your post and you'll fit right in. Interested in your East Norwegian fishery, hope you can post some pictures.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

AC49

Welcome Jo from Cape Town South Africa

Regards
AC49

Sharkb8

Welcome Jo from South Australia
Kim

Benni3

Welcome from salem Virginia,,,,,,,,, ;D

Alto Mare

Hello Jo, welcome from Philadelphia !
Enjoy your stay!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Donnyboat

Hi Jo & welcome, what reels are you using, have you serviced then yourself yet, from sunny Western Australia cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

jcberg

Thanks for making me feel welcome everybody, this place sure is great!

Don, I use the Okuma CW for my inshore fishing, I have serviced these reels and I enjoy using them. Previously I've used low end round Abus for this duty, didn't service those so saltwater got to them, but they were okay. Could probably be repaired but I was looking for something different anyway.

For offshore duty I have a Lawson GTR two-speed which I really don't like at all, so I'm looking for something different.

For casting I've always used spinning reels, I have some Abus which are terrible, and a few different midrange Shimanos which are okay. Considering doing a service on them, but spinning reels are scary. Also considering investing into a baitcaster setup so I can control the casts better, but honestly I don't think I'd use it too much so I'd rather save that money for a better boat. I'm currently cruising around in a 13' dinghy with an ancient 5HP Yamaha 2-stroke and would really like something better.

I'll make sure to make a thread with some pictures, I didn't get any fish this weekend but the crabs were hungry though.

Donnyboat

Thanks Joe, you would only need 1 or 2 good reels for a 12 foot tinny, although we used to go 3 miles out diving in one when we were younger, have to pick your days though, try to service the shimano reels as soon as you can, as its hard to get parts for them, they make a good product, & give a life time guarantee, that is ten years in there language, but your battling to get parts after 8 years, have fun keep well, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

bhale1

welcome Jo,
those crabs look great...maybe fishing will be better next time. We love pics!
Brett ...from SW USA...AZ

Silvers

Hi everybody.

My name is Andy and i live in the middle of germany.
I was few years just a reader of this board, think it's time to join it now.

The main reason why i read here so often is, i'm a collector of the good old spinning reels from Daiwa (only skirted spool reels) of the 70s, particulary the silver series with her many variations which was only sold in the western world.
I'm still writing at my own listing of those reels from 1974 to 1983 and their differences, hopefully i get them done someday.

The silver series is one of the best series Daiwa ever made, very versatile and i still use many of them since 30 years without any problems.
Reel maintenance is the second thing i realy love, just not always easy here to get parts for those old spinners. Mostly i must expensive import from the states, europe doesnt have any market for old parts from Daiwa. :'(

Mainly i go fishing for eels, catfishes, pikes and pike-perch, and at wintertime i try to catch burbots.
Love it to relax alone at a lake or river in the night, listening to nature and hear the alarm bells when a fish take my bait. ;D

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

AC49

Welcome Andy from Cape Town South Africa

Regards
AC49

Tiddlerbasher