Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3, Jigtosser, RUSTY OLD COLT, jzumi, Squidh90, Donnyboat and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Chasedaniels

Hello everyone chase from Brooklyn here.
I would just like to say thank you to the admins for giving me a chance to join
Such a great community . I'm a surf fisherman primarily approach things with bait/8
but I've since decided to switch up my arsenal and now target striped bass
and blues fish with plugs primarily darters/metal lips surf fishing is my passion. But I also like to go on party boats in sheepshead bay Brooklyn. To Target bottomfish such as blackfish and the occasional tuna trip if possible. How did I come across this page well a few ways honestly I've heard about it through friends I've seen comments on YouTube while searching Newell reel servicing's and also just scrolling on google. Once again thank you and I hope to learn and maybe help a few people along the way aswell. Anyway have a great day,

Chase

Chasedaniels

Gobi King

Chase, Welcome to the forum, I was there over Christmas, did not get to go out to fish due to impending snow storm.

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Welcome aboard, Chase!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Don and Chase, welcome aboard.  Dominick, San Mateo, CA
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Benni3

Welcome from salem va,,,,,,,,, ;D

Donnyboat

Welcome chase, from sunny Western Australia, what rods & reels do you use, & have you serviced them yourself, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Chasedaniels

Quote from: Donnyboat on January 28, 2020, 07:03:27 PM
Welcome chase, from sunny Western Australia, what rods & reels do you use, & have you serviced them yourself, cheers Don.

Personally don't like to service my own stuff being im not so experienced in repair and servicing I've tried multiple times but just get discouraged to finish the process current trying to put together a shimano baitrunner it's been a challenge but I'm not giving up lol.. but here my list some of this stuff I've had for 10+ years so you would think I would have the knowledge but nope :'(

Currently.
Reels
vsx 150
shimano Saragossa 6k,8k
Stradic c14 5k
Daiwa lexa 300wn
Accurate valiant 300bv
Accurate tern 300tx
Accurate dpx2 50D
Accurate atd topless
Avet sxjmc
Avet sx mc
Avet mxlmc
Seigler sgn
Newell p220f
Newell s229
Newell s220
Newell G229-F
Newell 533 3.6
Penn greenie
Penn int. 955,965

Rods
Star rod vpr 9'
Lamiglas gsb skinner 9'
Lamiglas insane surf 9'
Lamiglas xs10ms 10'
St.croix mojo surf 10'6
Daiwa Sealine x 11'
Calstar 7'
Jigging world nexus 7'
Black hole cape cod special
Daiwa proteus 6'4
Other 5'-9' custom rods

Chasedaniels

Tiddlerbasher

Shimano Baitrunner :o You have started at the wrong end of the reel world, but good luck ;D
Oh! And welcome aboard - Chris, UK :)

Chasedaniels

Quote from: Gobi King on January 28, 2020, 06:09:45 PM
Chase, Welcome to the forum, I was there over Christmas, did not get to go out to fish due to impending snow storm.

I had a chance to get out on the ocean eagle for cod  last week not a bad bite some did better then others but the cod fishing has been pretty good previous to the rain this past weekend. Some head boats had fish up to 10lbs considering they were fishing about a hour from the dock that isn't bad. But out in NJ/L.I I've heard and seen. Reports of fish up to 25lbs so that's good news !
Chasedaniels

Alto Mare

Welcome chase!... enjoy your stay!

Sal , from Philadelphia.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

Welcome Chase from Pompano Beach, FL. where it's always warm & sunny. Get in touch with mrbrklyn on this site, he fishes party boats out of Sheepshead Bay also.

Donnyboat

Thanks Chase for your list of gear, very impressive, I dismantled a baitrunner for a mate, I could not find the exact model on the forum here, after following the model & tutorial here, there was not much difference, Chase as your stripping a reel take digital photos step by step, then refer back to them as you place it back together, if that does not work for you , then ask questions here on the forum, plenty of really good people here that will help, good luck cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

happyhooker

Greetings, Chase from Minnesota.  I was born in Williamsburg many moons ago.

Frank

bhale1

welcome Chase,
enjoy your stay ;D   As mentioned before, take pics as you disassemble...
There is always someone here to help you out if you get in a bind! If you can figure out that spinner, the conventionals will be easy ;D
Brett