Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseymic, Squiggy, eguinn, PacRat, redfish12, hrgriz, MACflyer, Brendan and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

redsetta

QuoteHey!  What about me?
You get a special exemption Dominick...  ;) ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dave Bentley

"Nothing compares to standing on a hard rock ledge with swell crashing and swirling around below your feet, current and surge pulling the weed and kelp back and forth. The sound of the water sucking in and out of crevices and blow holes mixed with the wind whipping up a bit of chop and the spray in your face. Massive cliffs towering behind you and miles of uninhabited swell-bashed coastline to the left and right of you, nothing but the big blue out in front of you. Not another human in sight, no boats on the horizon... just you, your mates, the fish in the burley and the powerhouse connected to the other end of the rod you are leaning back into."

Welcome Saul. You have just painted my idea of paradise.

Without being specific can you drop a couple of place names that would appear on Google Earth so I can check you area from afar. Perth WA

Only believe that which you know to be true.

LBG Saul

Cheers for the welcomes everybody.

Justin, I also live in Auckland (Beachlands). I'm keen to know where the best place would be to pick up all the necessary lubes, oils, greases etc to get me started. I prefer to support my local fishing outlet rather than order online but if the difference is massive I'm not against getting it in the post  ;) I generally shop at Big Fish, Pakuranga if I can.

Dave, try looking at the front face of the very top of the North Island of NZ (Tapotupotu Bay to Spirits Bay to Tom Bowling Bay and around to Parengarenga Harbour). Also Karikari Penninsula, the top of the Coromandel Penninsula (Fantail Bay around to Sandy Bay) and also East Cape (Lottin Point up to Waihau Bay). Nowadays we use a small inflatable IRB reinforced with neoprene to get us to the more remote rock ledges that cannot be reached on foot. This opens up kilometres of coastline that receive very little pressure and the only thing limiting your choice of ledges are weather/swell conditions etc.

redsetta

G'day Saul, I'll send you a PM...
Cheers, Justin

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dave Bentley

Quote from: LBG Saul on July 05, 2012, 02:21:25 AM
Cheers for the welcomes everybody.

Justin, I also live in Auckland (Beachlands). I'm keen to know where the best place would be to pick up all the necessary lubes, oils, greases etc to get me started. I prefer to support my local fishing outlet rather than order online but if the difference is massive I'm not against getting it in the post  ;) I generally shop at Big Fish, Pakuranga if I can.

Dave, try looking at the front face of the very top of the North Island of NZ (Tapotupotu Bay to Spirits Bay to Tom Bowling Bay and around to Parengarenga Harbour). Also Karikari Penninsula, the top of the Coromandel Penninsula (Fantail Bay around to Sandy Bay) and also East Cape (Lottin Point up to Waihau Bay). Nowadays we use a small inflatable IRB reinforced with neoprene to get us to the more remote rock ledges that cannot be reached on foot. This opens up kilometres of coastline that receive very little pressure and the only thing limiting your choice of ledges are weather/swell conditions etc.

Where was New Zeelund again!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Bentley

Beautiful,
Can Joe Public land on Cape Maria Van Dieman Island and the Three Kings.
Whole area looks very fishy.

LBG Saul

CVMD is okay to land on but the island is not. This is one of the Holy Grail areas for landbased fishoes but the area is only fishable a handful of days every year. You have to be able to drop everything and head then when she's giving the green light and so far I haven't had the chance.

Three Kings are another no go area. You need to get Department of Conservation permission to land on any of the islands and this is almost impossible - especially so when your reason for landing is fishing!! The greenies would (happily) have you crucified before that day came. It's a shame really as it would certainly be the place where NZ's first landbased marlin would be captured.

Dave Bentley

We have a similar problem over here with them and the problem gets bigger every day. Conservation madness in a lot of cases.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome, Saul,  to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

ducati-748

Hello everybody,

Just registered.  Nice to meet you guys here !

Jason

redsetta

Welcome aboard Jason.
Like the moniker - had a 999 for a while back in 2003.
All the best, Justin

ducati-748

Nice to meet you and thank you, Justin

Jason

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to Me. Tani's neighborhood...

flyntus

This is my first post.  I go by Flyntus.

Been surf fishing and inshore saltwater fishing for about 15 years.  Reels I have: Several Abu Garcias 5500, 5600, 6500...one of them is a rocket.  All are levelwinds and made in Sweden.  Have not played with a Chinese one yet.  Also: Daiwa Sealine X20, X30, and X50 SHAs.  One Penn Squall 15 (my favorite reel at this time).  And a brand new Okuma Cortez CZ10-CS.

Currently, I am doing maintenance on my Abus.  I took apart the orange rocket reel last night and I was shocked at the amount of corrosion!  I'm not sure about the best way to get this beauty back into top form.  Will post in forums and ask where it is appropriate.

Very happy to be a member of the forum!

Wish everyone the best!  ;)

Flyntus