Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6PPC, Ryan W, thorhammer, phishxxii, JonM, otghoyt and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slowpoke

Thank you for the warm welcome, Bryan Bob and Alan!
It happened again...I have been browsing through the various topics and threads for an hour or so.
There is just so much information packed into this site it's unbelievable!
I guess I'm probably breaking a rule by posting a second time in the first post section, so I am going to go to the General section to start asking questions now :)
Dave

alantani

no rules against that!  go for it.  the only rule is to behave like there's a 12 year old at the dinner table. 

um, did that come out right?   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

slowpoke

Well, that's easy as at my house there really is a 12 yr. old at the table. Right next to the 11 yr. old.
But being jr. high school boys, I find myself having to remind them that their Mother is at the table :D
Dave

alantani

rednecktailg8er

Hello

I'm brand new to messing around with the inside of reels.  starting off with 2 penn squidder 140's and a penn jigmaster as my ebay projects.

in 3 weeks this forum has helped me a lot.  i look forward to my new obsession with reels.

Mac.

alantani

rednecktailg8er

thanks!

posted my first questions in the penn squidder/jigmaster/etc reel maintence category

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Dave and Mac welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

BMITCH

Hey Mac, welcome aboard and have fun tearing into them.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

knife

Veriano is here, alias "knife" from Rome
I'm a traditional bowhunters, bowmaker, knifemaker and fisherman, especially I like trolling fishing.
Recently I have become a Penn Senator fan and hoping to share this passion with others.
I like hear the sound,  touch, disassembly, reassemble and also only to watch them  :P
The biggest tuna I've taken by trolling was two years ago with a penn 114 and since that time only penn in my mind on the sea.
I am interested in only the old ones model because they evoke something inexplicable, is the same reason why I collect old bows.
Now I have a 117 14/0 and a 116 10/0 to restore and study and I'll need your help to do a good job.
Thanks to Alan for the kindness and the opportunity and also to you all.
knife

BMITCH

Knife, welcome to the forum. You are afflicted with the same PENN disease that many of us have. PENNdicitis. Don't worry there is a cure. Buying more PENN reels seems to cure any symptoms. Good luck.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Cone

I need to remember to check this more often. I've missed saying welcome to too many people. Well, Welcome everyone and please accept my apologies.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Alto Mare

Benvenuto knife, my hometown is an hour and a half from Rome. There are many of us that like  Penn reels here, if you need help just ask, I'm sure someone will take care of you.
Enjoy your stay!
Sal from Pennsylvania.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

harryk3616

welcome  knife            you are now among a great group of men and woman that will jump at the chance to help you with any and all reel questions, never hesitate to ask, you will get a bunch of top notch replies to your question. welcome ,enjoy your stay.    harryk long island  new  york

knife

Thanks for the warm welcome  :)
knife