Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer, phishxxii, JonM, otghoyt and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

knife welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

Shark Hunter

Welcome Knife!
You will like it here! Trust me.
Life is Good!

frazerp

Hey All & Alan - saw yr Squidder take-apart at Scotts Penn repair site & am having trouble removing the left side bearing shield.

Don't have one of those nifty tools you show, but it's soaking in Penn reel cleaner & maybe it just come out easily - later ...

PS: The left side bearing was always difficult to turn by hand - had to use my padded channel-locks - any pointers ???

alantani

welcome!  try bending a clothes hanger and see if that works.  you may need something made of a harder metal.  these can be pretty tough to pull.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

NZMatt

Hi all, and thank you for such an informative web site.

I had the misfortune of being encouraged to service my own reels following a meeting that I attended (Kayak fishing club) and have since pulled apart my reels and serviced them. Fortunately any concerns I had about this were answered on this site.

I am based in Auckland, New Zealand.

Look forward to learning more as I read further.

Thanks
Matt

redsetta

G'day and welcome Matt,
It may have been me that contributed to your current misfortune, but hopefully Alan and the team can provide some support for your affliction ;) ;D
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

NZMatt

Actually I have to blame it on Greg - so you escape this time. However your imaging on the black magic Avet reel was very useful also.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BMITCH

Welcome frazerp & Matt
Bob NJ
luck is the residue of design.

redsetta

QuoteI have to blame it on Greg
Yeah, I figured you were part of the East Auckland club.
I did a talk/presentation on reel maintenance for Greg and the EAKFC team about a year ago.
Hope you enjoy Alan's place - any queries, let us know!
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Matt, welcome from Pennsylvania.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

frazerp & Matt welcome to Mr.  Tani's neighborhood...

baitboy

not sure why it has taken me this long to get over here but.. HI
Rick,
Dont forget your Baitboy
Team Time out
Team Sea Ya
Pro Staff, Hogg's Jo/Mar Hardcore Tuna Tackle 362 SW Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)887-6845 carrying JB hollow and solid. Custom topshots in any size or length!

BMITCH

Welcome baitboy.
Bob from NJ.
luck is the residue of design.