Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer, phishxxii, JonM, otghoyt and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to the "neighborhood" mgoose...

Alto Mare

Nice to see you've made it over mgoose, you will like it here.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

captscott

Great site guys. I have learned a lot by lurking for a few years, and decided I'd join the fun!

Shark Hunter

Well its about time El capitan Scott!
Welcome! ;D
Life is Good!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

scott welcome to the "neighborhood"...

captscott

Thanks guys!  All the great tutorials have inspired me.  I have a torium 20 torn apart right now.  Next is my calcutta 400TE. 

Dynamo

Welcome to the site, everybody!

alantani

gentlemen, welcome!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

T Rad

Hello, everyone! Tom Radcliff here in Logansport, Louisiana. I am a high school chemistry and physics teacher, soon to retire at Christmas! The kids call me T Rad. My brothers and I grew up in the 60's working on our used Ambassadeurs that we begged for as birthday and Christmas gifts. All my life I have tinkered with those and love them. For the last few years I have been cleaning them and putting them back in service for friends at church and will probably start doing more soon. I am a devout Christian and strive to love everyone and deal with them like He did. With that in mind, I don't charge for the work and folks sometimes give me old reels for helping them out. What a great deal! Their trash is my treasure! I wouldn't trade that old 5000D direct drive for a new C3 or much of anything else! Well...maybe I might. This seems to be the place to learn! I want to learn about other common reels as well and the tutorials look great. Thanks ahead of time and good to meet you! Alan, a png is attached for an avatar but frankly, I don't see the spot to post it as an avatar!
Tom
"The one who thinks he knows a thing does not yet know it as he should."-- The Apostle Paul. "Illegitimis non carborundum." — General Joseph Stillwell

Shark Hunter

Welcome T Rad! ;D
Good things come to those who pay it forward! ;)
One of the Moderators will help you with that Avatar.
Life is Good!

Dynamo

Welcome to the site, T Rad!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

t-rad welcome to the "neighborhood"...

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Killervine

Hello everyone!! Came across this site to find info on how to maintenance the reels I purchased recently ( Penn 4/0, 6/0, 9/0, 12/0 and a  140 Squidder  ). I've always fished fresh water but am planning to move to the Texas coast for bigger fish hence the new reels and now I have an itch to get the last three in this class. Yes, I got the "REEL FLU" is there a CURE!! for this? Thanks

Shark Hunter

Welcome Killervine!
I love that picture! :D
You are in the wrong place to cure reel flu. It will only get worse here.
Enjoy! There are a lot of cool guys here that will bend over backward to help!
Life is Good!