One Tool Only -- A Contest -- No Prize -- Just Your Honest Opinions

Started by foakes, December 12, 2016, 05:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Gary's post sparked this idea --

Here is the deal --

Lets say you are going on a long trip -- and you need to take a tool with you of your choice.

However, you can only have (1) tool.

What would it be?

I have one I have had since 1999. -- and I will post a couple of pics -- but first, lets see what all of you experts think a good tool would be.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oc1

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

conchydong

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

a bolo - the malayan one...

theswimmer

Depends where the trip was going,
CZ 456 lux in .22 or. S&W model 36 😎
Best,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

foakes

Here is what has been super useful to me many times --

I am going to try and replace or add a blade using a Penn wrench.

We will see if that is possible.

The vise grip feature works better than the dozen or so real vise grips I have.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Quote from: foakes on December 12, 2016, 05:19:43 AM
Here is the deal --

Lets say you are going on a long trip -- and you need to take a tool with you of your choice.

However, you can only have (1) tool.

What would it be?

I have one I have had since 1999. -- and I will post a couple of pics -- but first, lets see what all of you experts think a good tool would be.

Best,

Fred
A narrowed 6/0, loaded with all the good stuff we have available here. The tool needs to be dependable, that one fits the bill ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelhead_killer

I think the most important tool you can bring is between your ears!  On the farm you use what you got.  Even if what you got is far from perfect.  That is when what is between your ears becomes most valuable.

My 2 cents...

Andy

><)))">

MarkT

All you need is a Swiss Army knife and your best MacGyver skills.  I'd take a Leatherman over the Swiss Army knife but the MacGyver skills are mandatory.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dominick

I have to admit that I carry a knuckle buster like that also.  I have one in my car all the time.  Also in my tackle box and tool box.  It seems that all the family have given me one as a present at one time or another.  Even Daron sent me one for Christmas.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Decker

RowdyW

A Credit Card! Anything can be fixed with it." Don't leave home without it"  :D

Bill B

Leatherman is the choice for one tool........buuuuttttt a multi-bit screwdriver and lineman's pliers are even better.....hey the Boss said we could cheat  ;D  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

you guys crack me up.  remind me not to ever post a serious poll!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!