One Tool Only -- A Contest -- No Prize -- Just Your Honest Opinions

Started by foakes, December 12, 2016, 05:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

Leatherman Skeletool - nice and light, has all the necessities AND has a belt clip built in so no sheath req'd.  The bottle opener is a sweet touch as well  :D
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

mo65

Quote from: foakes on December 12, 2016, 05:19:43 AM
Lets say you are going on a long trip -- and you need to take a tool with you of your choice.

If this long trip is a vacation...I ain't workin' on nothin'...I'll be packing only my flip-flops and sunglasses! ;D  Oh, I guess the multi-tool is the logical choice. I have one with a built in flashlight that is very handy. 8)

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Gfish

Found a leatherman "Squirt" in my wife's check-in bag, after we met up in a Thailand resort for our Daughter's wedding last week, that I'd given her years ago. Handiest thing we had in that room.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

fsrmn

Military grade Gerber multi tool for outings, but I carry the Swiss+Tech mini tool with me always.
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

oc1

I bought this small Gerber Dime a while back and really liked it for daily use because it is so compact and light.  Then the pliers broke off.  I guess it is a plier now.  I've been intending to send it in for repair/replacement but it's a hassle and takes forever.

Now I'm back to lugging around the old style Gerber on the right.  I bought up four of these old style when Gerber discontinued them and they stopped providing parts.  Everything now has blade locks.  Blade locks are good if you use it infrequently.  However, the blade locks make the overall size and weight noticeably larger.  When you figure you will have it bouncing around in your pocket all day every day for a decade, a few ounces and an inch makes a difference.
-steve

Midway Tommy

Looks like that Dimer tried to bite off more than it could chew.  :D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)