Hello and thank you Fred

Started by SilverRidge, December 15, 2016, 11:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverRidge

Allow me to introduce myself I'm from west palm beach Florida, an avid ultra light fly fisherman, spin fishing and collector for many moons, my modest collections encompass Hardy fly reels and vintage ultra light Daiwa reels 500C, 700C, 1000C,  SS1 mini mytes, my preference in fishing rods are bamboo, just acquired a 7'o two piece cane spinnng rod, sweet, powerful moderate flex rod, how I got into quick bam reels is an interesting story, been friendly with this fella for quite awhile on another site, he needed a Daiwa SS1 to complete his collection, the reel is fairly rare and the lone seller was asking a ridiculous dollar amount for it in poor condition to make a long story short I had two reels, sold Robert the SS1 at a fair market price, both of us where happy, he forwarded me a check along with a mint Dam Quick Microlite, as a gift, nice gesture on his part you meet some really great folks on the net, wish he wouldn't have, anyway I now have the Microlite, a 110n, 220n, 280 Finessa, Super 270 that's all in six months, I'm very impressed with the quality and workmanship of these fine spinning reels IMHO they are far superior to the offerings on the market today. I'm rambling on here aren't I, just another item and if permissible I'll expand on it another time, in my quest to acquire the Dam reels got a reall nice Orvis 100A spinning reel, very very nice device ..any thanks for listening to me and Fred thanks again

Seasons greetings to all
Paul,